Tuesday 2 March 2021

From PaulSS: [Sarah the Sorceress] Vivandière (25pts)

I've painted up the second Vivandière from the pair I picked up from Brigade Games and like the earlier one posted a few days ago it's a really lovely sculpt by Paul Hicks.

Vivandière/Cantinière is an synonymous term for the ladies who accompanied the French regiments with their barrels of wine or brandy to sell to the troops.

I'd recommend this Wikipedia article for more information on their history and role.

I thought I should include a shot of the pair of them, ready to raise the spirits of the troops with spirits. I've also picked up a Eureka Miniatures Vivandière and hope to get that done before the end of the challenge to complete the group.


A single 28mm figure with the Sarah the Sorceress bonus will add 25 points to my target.

28mm Napoleonics Duel Totalizer: 26 mounted, 117 foot, 3 guns, 1 boat.


I'm sure that delightful young lady will raise the spirits (and the hopes) of the young men of the French army.

Tamsin

21 comments:

  1. That's a really nice model, and your painting really does it justice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice figure and a very interesting article too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work Paul, gorgeous rich tones on both the blue and red.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again a cracking paint job Paul! A shame there's no such nice lady at work...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like their patriotic colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great figures,your scenics make for very cool pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Sander, Victoria painted me the backdrop I use

      Delete
  7. Splendid looking vivandiere!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete