Tuesday 2 March 2021

Republican Roman Command Matthew Williamson (45 Points)

 Republican Roman Command

Earlier last week I was getting a little jack of Medievals, tree renovation and Napoleonics, so I switched and opened up my project drawers and looked at my early republicans and decided to complete some more of my commands as I like to have spares in case of civil war etc for my early republican four urban legions. All figures are First corps figures except the dog who is warlord I think, decals VVV on the Roman shields, Impetus markers are Gallic pieces hand painted.




First up is a mounted Equites with his faithful dog, as a commander of my foreign and mercenary cavalry
10 points mounted 28mm and 4 points for the dog? =14



A Simple legion commander base 
three 28mm figures @ 5 points = 15 points


A foreign legion commander
two 28mm figures @ 5 points each = 10 points


Impetus disorder markers (as I like to do some every time I paint Ancient figures......)
6 markers 1 point each = 6 points 


total 45 points

cheers
Matt


Two submissions in a row - you have been busy, Matt! Nice work on these commanders and a good use of spare shields.

Tamsin

15 comments:

  1. Nice command bases and impetus disorder markers! As a fellow Impetus player some of my armies have wounded figures for disorder but like the shield idea to - will be copying that. Cheers Jez

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Jez

      I like the shields as it is smaller, I use figures for the casualty markers though

      Cheers
      Matt

      Delete
  2. Great work, really like those markers and the posing/basing on the command stands

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any figure grouping with a dog is a win in my books. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree like a faithful fog on a command base myself !

      Cheers
      Matt

      Delete
  4. Very well done! Love the doggo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Urbs victor! Great atmospheric figures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely command stands and smart disorder markers!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete