Thursday 24 February 2022

From JezT: AVBCW 25mm (55 points)

 Hi All 

Another squirrel point for me as posting some Interwar stuff - here using Bolt Action rules in the mythical A Very British Civil War period - have been building up my stuff over the a few years on the challenge. 

My "go to" manufacturer for vehicles is First Corps and now got another large truck - this is technically a German truck. Have to say you get your money's worth for the vehicle as it is a big imposing truck. With it I have a couple of Pulp figures from the gangster range that I have painted with the Mosely inspired British Union of Fascists BUF armband. 



Able to use truck as "Mortar Lorry" with homegrown mortar - this option is in the Bolt Action Campaign Gigant book 

Also added some reinforcements to my London City militia squad - the "Men in Black and Bowler hats". These are from Empress Miniatures and as they are sold as 19 century German radicals and revolutionaries, I am not sure they are too impressed to be painted up as City bankers - the sub machine gunner is another Pulp gangster figure. 





Altogether 55 points and another squirrel to the tally. 

Cheers Jez

The truck looks great, but I'm not sure how safe those mortars are! Well done on the BUF armbands. I think of Jeeves with your militia, but I think/ hope he'd be above a lot of it.

Barks

10 comments:

  1. Great entry Jez! That mortar truck looks rather dangerous to one and all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stuff, Jez! I wouldn't want to be one of the crew for that mortar truck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very niväce truck, Jez! Nice radicals, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking truck and militia!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work on the Moseley minions and truck. I want to stay clear of the mortars.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job and thank you for showing these as am keen to expand my BUF contingent and now know where to look

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work - that mortar truck is rather sinister...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jez:
    Nice to see some VBCW stuff here. The truck looks deadly and dodgy, and in black, those troopers give up a bit of A Clockwork Orange vibe, ready for some of the old ultra violence.
    Nicely done. Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete