Thursday 24 February 2022

From SamuliS: Artillery and Star Players (46 points)

Back from a short hiatus in entries! After a fairly quiet start of the year at work it's been quite hectic the last couple of weeks with limited free time available. And that free time was quite often taken by painting up a large batch of Flames of War terrain for our club that I promised to do sometime last summer, but never properly got around to it until now that I was pressured into finishing them for a tournament that is coming up in a few weeks. I had painted some of the grey details before so didn't count for the challenge sadly.

 4 sets of Battlefronts Stalingrad ruins painted up for our gaming club.

The minis I did paint for the challenge are a continuation from the last couple of subjects with yet more Team Yankee West Germans and some Star Players for Bloodbowl. For Bundeswehr we have three MLRS tracked rocket launchers and an M113 observer vehicle. The Observer vehicle was a 3D file that I found on Thingiverse and printed out to give some variety to the army compared to regular M113 that I planned for a reservist formation.


For Bloodbowl we have a couple of Star Players with Akhorne the Squirrel, Helmut Wulf and Karla von Kill making a showing as well as another little lizard to function as a token. I also painted up a ball token to place under the base of the ball carrier. Akhorne and Karla were painted to match my Amazons, but I decided to paint Helmut differently as he will probably be the most common star player  to use in the game so a more traditional chaosy theme suited him well. All minis from Greebo games. I'm especially fond of Akhorne. Lovely sculpt and the foaming mouth really suits the lore of the crazed (possibly Khornate) squirrel causing havoc on the field. A frenzied squirrel with sharpened claws is probably something you would not want to face. In game he is bit of a glass cannon, with nearly everything in the game being able to hit him with three dice, but he does pack bit of a punch when he is the one doing the tackling. And being cheaper than many of the positionals in the game you can get him as an inducement fairly easily. 

 

I'm counting Akhorne and the lizard as 15mm minis so with 4 15mm vehicles, 2 15mm minis and 2 28mm minis this should end up netting me 46 more points.

Nice work! I'm actually quite taken with the colours on your lizard. You do know Blood Bowl is a way to my heart. As are skullz and hazard stripes, both of which I spy. I haven't seen the squirrel in action, but would like to! Your moderns have come out nicely. I like the dusty weathering. I wouldn't have picked that as a 3D print- good job!

Barks

8 comments:

  1. Good work, Samuli! Some bright and pretty star players and couple of dustier army vehicles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice MLRSs and players, Samuli! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Samuli. I'm glad you're carving out some hobbytime in the midst of your busy worklife. Have fun in the upcoming tournament!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done! I like the colour choices for the Blood Bowl figures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work Samuli. Really love the colours on the BB players and the squirrel is nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking mini moderns and the bloodbowl players are ace!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Akhorne the Squirrel - hahahaha, that's nuts. Get it?
    Cool stuff, Samuli.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete