Friday 25 February 2022

Ready Friday. GrahameH 15mm US Armour and Artillery Vietnam - 204 points

 Just adding to my Vietnam collection. The infantry and marine infantry were painted before the challenge so now just adding some support units. These are again for Rapid Fire, but could be used with any rule systems.

First Support for the Marines. This is a “Battalion Landing Team” and consists of a tank Platoon = 1 x M48 Tank, a Antitank Platoon = 1 x Ontos and a Amtrack Platoon of 2 x LVTP5s (Peter Pig - I had four so they all got painted). It is also supposed to have a 105mm gun but I have added that to a Battery that is shown below.

The M48 (Battlefront)


The Ontos (3d printed by Butler Miniatures)

Someone asked me about what I thought of the 3D printed miniatures from Butler. They have got a lot better, but they still have the printer lines. I don’t tend to dry brush or wash my vehicles so they line don’t really show, but if you did I would suspect they would show more. However, they make models you can’t really get elsewhere so sometimes there isn’t a choice.


The 2 x Amtrack Platoons (Made by Peter Pig)


Next up is the Artillery Batteries each gun has a crew of four and I have added a command group and FOO to each battery.

The 105mm Battery (Battlefront)


Then the Big Guns 155mm Battery


Some more armour support next with a HQ unit and 2 squadrons of M48 Tanks (Battlefront)


And finally, I decided to start painting the Armour Cavalry so 3 Sheridan Tanks (Battlefront)


So that is it. Points time 

14 x vehicles = 112

6 x artillery pieces = 24pts

34 x figures = 68 pts

Total = 204 pts

I think there was a dust storm when I took the first pictures. They happen in Vietnam I am told. 

From DaveD

More lovely green and Vietnam mud and dust . I do like the look of the Nam stuff in 15mm . I agree with you BPM just worth it for odd stuff as you say 










9 comments:

  1. Great looking Vietnam war era armour!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Dave - I like the look of Vietnam armour in 15mm and these are no exception to that rule!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work, I like the artillery batteries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great kits with great character. The Playboy bunny on the one turret is really cheeky and screams "America". Curious to know how you work these into games, as from what I've read, the NVA relied on light anti-tank weapons and ambush tactics.
    Glad to see someone else who bases their AFV models!
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice work on these.

    ReplyDelete