Sunday 27 March 2022

From MikeP: My Challenge


 I had a grand time this year, and I'm glad that I returned to the Challenge after taking some years off.  I was able to meet and beat my 500 point challenge, though the directions I took were largely unexpected.   Originally I'd planned to work on 28mm SYW stuff, so where did that Germanic war band come from?  Likewise I had no plans to do the Frankenstein vignette until it appeared in my mailbox as a late Christmas present and an idea for a visit to Skaro took place.  The Challenge was a great incentive to come to grips with 3D printing, though I have SO MUCH learning curve still to navigate.   But it was a good start.  Half of the 6mm stuff and all the Frankenstein scenery was printed for the Challenge.

More importantly, I've met up again with some Challenge veterans and met some new friends here.  I still hope to look at and comment on every one of your posts, I tried hard to do that but fell off the rails in late March.   I have been constantly impressed by your talent, creativity, and friendliness.  

Cheers and blessings, MikeP (the Padre)

21 comments:

  1. That barn is huge, I didn't realize it was that big before! Thank you for joining the Challenge, you had some magnificent entries and your comments were enjoyable to read. See you in December!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a massive barn, useful only for skirmish gaming, really Thank you, Teemu, I look forward to crossing brushes with you again next year.
      Cheers, MikeP

      Delete
  2. Great terrain, the Germanic warband was great,it's really difficult commenting on everything I find,and your Frankenstein vignette was the highlight of the challenge for me!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain, yes commenting on everything here was like drinking from a firehose! Congrats on everything you achieved here this year.
      Cheers, MikeP

      Delete
  3. What a great return you had, Padre! Gald to have had you on Team Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tamsin, you were a great (if slightly terrifying) minion.
      Cheers, MikeP

      Delete
  4. Great to have had you back and brilliant output Mike!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sander, it was such a pleasure getting to know you and your fine work.
      Cheers, MikeP

      Delete
  5. It was wonderful having you back, Mike! I really enjoyed all your submissions, but the Frankenstein vignette was truly inspired. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt, we'll have to get you back on the podcast for a short feature wrapping up this year's Challenge.
      M

      Delete
  6. Great to have you back again this year Mike, lived the Frankenstein vignette as well. Looking forward to see more from your 3D printer on your blog in the coming months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray, your body of work was epic and eclectic and uniformly excellent (three Es!). My printer is giving me fits currently but I hope to sort it out soon.
      Cheers, MikeP

      Delete
  7. Good to see you back in the Challenge this year. Good luck with the 3D printer, you seem to have mastered the basics already, those buildings are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed your entries so much in the Challenge and appreciated your comments on mine! Your Frankenstein vignette was fantastic! It was great ‘meeting’ you. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly, Natasha, it was an absolute pleasure getting to know you and your work this year, I am sure I've missed some of your entries so I shall go back and see.
      Be well, MikeP

      Delete
  9. Great work Mad Padre, love the Frankenstein vignette and the 6mms.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on meeting your target. Thanks for all your positive comments on my posts, and thanks for posting a pic of yourself. It's nice to be able to put a face to a name. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did great on your return, Mike! I loved it all but really liked the 6mm stuff. Your kind comments were very motivational for me too! Thanks for being here, see you again next Winter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Top class work Mike and an huge thank you for the extra effort you put into commenting on so many other people's posts

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic Mike, great results for meeting your targets

    cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete