Wednesday 21 December 2022

From Barks: Xmas-a-tron (5 points)

I like to start each Challenge with a seasonal miniature. Here is a free 3D sculpt from Imitation of Life. I used Contrast over a metallic undercoat- it came out darker than expected, and is far from my best work. The LED lighting is unforgiving. But I do like experimenting with new techniques, and it was quick- about an hour all up. I haven't done any snow so it can fit in with my post-apocalyptic wasteland scenery.


1x 28mm figure: 5 points

____________________________________________

Haha, good one Barks. Thus begins the host of whacky holiday season figures we'll see over the next few days. I wonder if he's taking or defending the Christmas presents? Perhaps the gun is one, and is really a TV remote. Anyway, I do like his fur-trimmed winter boots, scarf and antlers(?!). 

Welcome back to the Challenge Barks.

35 comments:

  1. Very christmas-y, Barks! So much holiday kitsch on this fellow! I quite like the red nose on him too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a superb figure, Barks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice I'd say he's ready to take on Dr. Who in a Holiday special

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do aspire to a Christmas skirmish at some point!

      Delete
  4. That’s a Rudolph Robot! Very nice, Barks, a great find too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh, Rudolph the Robot? Fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha that's made my morning Barks. Love him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous - reminds me of Robot Santa from Futurama! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent work Barks, the bright colours really pop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to retake the photos with different lighting.

      Delete
  9. this surely the season to be jolly now Barks, chapeau!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice and bright and Christmassy

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahahaha! Nice and very festive start indeed

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great looking Christmas themed miniature!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful santabot. Very seasonal. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Weird, yet seasonal. I like the contrast over metallic effect.

    ReplyDelete