Saturday 10 December 2022

From MilesR: Challenge XIII Prep

 Frantic preparations are underway here at the Ubergeek Lair - well maybe not frantic but hurried.  First off is a clean up of my painting desk:

My collection of various paints is starting to surround the workspace - hopefully I don't get completely enveloped!

About 25 feet away from my painting desk is my "terrain workshop" were I do the bulk of the messy terrain work as the floor isn't finished.  It's still a mess with remnants of long forgotten projects littered about:
All of the required supplies have been ordered and mostly received - Mr Litko should be very happy me!

I am thinking about trying the new Vallejo version of contrasty - speedier paints but am not sure when they will be available here in the colonies.

As for projects this year - they are somewhat varied.   The will be a large 3mm ww2 project to play out the Peleliu Campaign at a company level complete with a full topographical map of the Island which will be featured in a future LWTV episode.

Following on Last year's dalliance with 10mm fantasy you'll be subjected to legions of poorly painted 10mm Dwarves and various opponents.  I'll likely also flesh out my 10mm Byzantines and maybe even some 15mm WW2 stuff.  I doubt there will be any 28mm this year but who knows when the skirmish fairy will strike and I'll succumb to year another tactical gaming craze.

People seem to be putting pictures of themselves in the photos.  Out of abundance of caution I shall refrain.  I will, however, provide a picture of Gus, my hobby partner.  To be honest, Gus isn't all that helpful with figure painting but he's aces with terrain.

Gus, "The Wonder Dog".  

Hey Vallejo - you may want to hire him as a "spokes-canine". Just saying.
Gus reacting with sheer excitement at the prospect of going down into the basement for a hobby session....

 


20 comments:

  1. The dogs bollocks, literally and metaphorically, for colonial types it means very good

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s a very well-structured painting area, do I even spot a spreadsheet on the side? Looking forward to your small scale goodies, just don’t let the dog do all the work, will you? Have great Challenge, Miles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great insight into the home of the madness...and, no, I'm not calling Gus "The Madness" - he's clearly a beacon of sanity! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very jealous of your work space Miles, very jealous indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having been allowed into Miles secret lair I can confirm that he is a lucky man. Looking forward to seeing the loads of stuff you produce Miles, but I worry that the Gus' real owners will figure out that it was you who stole him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good looking hobby area, Miles. Nice to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, I see Miles is another who subscribes to the 'creative chaos' approach; the tidiness of that paint desk is a little disconcerting though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should see his spreadsheet o’ doom

      Delete
  8. Great post Miles. I see that your paint station is cleared and ready for action. In both of those photos, Gus the Wonder Dog looks ready and willing to partake in all sorts of Miles-enabled mischief. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and I too am eager to try out those new Vallejo Speedpaints.

      Delete
  9. Grand to have you along painting lots of small things ..Martin is raring to go once more

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great workspace Miles, the dual light looks like a great idea but leves less room for clutter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It wouldn't be AHPC without you and your spreadsheet of Doom mate! Gus is too cute - I'll post pics of our war puppies too

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great space and a great number of projects to tackle!"

    ReplyDelete
  13. Expecting eagerly reports of your progres Miles. Happy challenge

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks everyone - really looking forward to the challenge madness once again

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great space of chaos. Can’t wait for the SSD. (Spreadsheet of Doom). Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great stuff Miles, neat workspace. All the best on the challenge

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  17. That all looks ship shape and in order, I’ve no doubt you’ll get off to a flying start. Gus is such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That Pacific project sounds great.

    ReplyDelete