Saturday 10 December 2022

From RobP (Codsticker): Preliminary Bombardment

As is the custom this year, I am 'showing off' (for lack of a more appropriate phrase) my work area. Not much to speak of; it is the old front entrance of the house (we don't use it anymore) which I share with the kitty litter box (a pretty good indicator of where my hobby and I stand in the household). Currently sitting on it are some 15mm Sassanid command models which will be based for Field of Glory. On the left is an old dresser which houses hobby supplies: two drawers of paints; 1 of flock, static grass and foam turf; 1 of small terrain odds and sodds (fences, barrels, crates, etc). 


The photo below shows what I have prepared for the Challenge so far.  The RUB currently holds about half of my target this year: some 28mm Dark Ages, 28mm mounted ECW, LoTR Khand, 15mm Sassanid archers. Just behind it is a number of LoTR Khandish items still boxed that I hope to get to during this edition of the AHPC.



I do have most of the unfinished basement all to my self although most of it is taken up with work benches and my hand and power tools. I have about 25% of the space chock-a-block with painted and unpainted minis as well as finished terrain and terrain supplies. The 4' by 4' MDF and 3' by 3' plywood are finished skirmish tables and I have set up a temporary photography area

Yes, most of rough necks on the left are filled with unpainted minis/terrain but a couple do have finished terrain items in them. The half wall at the back of the photo has a mix of painted items as well as untouched games. So... I will have no problem finding something to paint for this challenge.

12 comments:

  1. That’s an impressive mountain of Rubbermaid totes! I am amused by the fact that you share space with the cats litterbox. Kitty litter is a great material for basing and terrain, but it’s best to get it before it’s been used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least your hobby desk has plenty of natural daylight, even if you have to share it with kitties doing their business. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great paint area, with lots of natural light and a nice view (and four-legged visitors from time to time). Like many of us, you have 'a bit' of stuff to navigate through. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. RUB manufacturers must make a fortune from Wargamers! Have a good one

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great hobby corner, and having the cat drop by shouldn't be too bad... Have a great Challenge, Rob!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks wonderful and nothing wrong with the occasional animal visitor to check on your progress. Have a super challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice hobby place indeed, looks cosy. Enjoy the Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. You certainly have a lot of boxes, hopefully the challenge will help you to fill more of them with finished minis.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet space Rob, all the best in the challenge

    Cheers
    MattW

    ReplyDelete