Tuesday 20 December 2022

From SanderS: Arthur and Sander's workplace!

 Hoi There,


My name is Sander and I have been taking part in the Challenge since the Fifth edition. Together with my 11 year old son Arthur we will be taking part this year as well and looking forward to it. Last few weeks everyone in the family has been suffering from a pretty nasty flu and so I haven't been able to upload anything here or comment on all the great posts allready up here. Sorry for this oversight!

Well here's part of my hobby-room at the moment, it's a mess due to Challenge preparations but also due to the fact that somewhere next spring we are continuing our big house renovation (people who have followed last year's Challenge will know we put new windows in the house back then) and I will have to completely clear it by then.

Arthur's workdesk is quite modest and he has also set himself a modest points target. He will be mainly focussing on Blood Bowl and Star Wars Legion figures.

My desk (sorry for the fuzzy picture but after taking several this is the best I could do with the present weather) is heaped in stuff mid-prep as well as tying up loose ends before the Challenge starts. 

My projects are whatever takes my fancy but I will try to focus on WW2 Germans and Russians, Heroquest, Old Hammer and some New Hammer (30k and 40k). I have a few film related miniatures so will venture into the studio too. 

Cheers and see you all in the Challenge, Arthur and Sander



16 comments:

  1. Hi Sander (and Arthur!), good to see you again! Your workspace looks just as tidy as mine, it's very encouraging that not all are completely tidy and spotless ;-). We already know that you both can produce quite a few figures from there and very nice ones they are too, so I'm looking forward to your contributions. Have a great Challenge, both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you both back. If Arthur is now 11 I am feeling very old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see your mess, sorry workstations! Best of luck to you both! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I prefer the term "organized chaos" but yeah!

      Delete
  4. Best wishes for a productive challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your hobby room Sander and Arthur! I hope you and your family are on the mend, and that we can look forward to your first entries to the Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Curt, well we are in the last schoolweek before the holiday vacation and so really busy, I will need to grade a lot of tests during the break at that. So I will have little enough painting time as is but we'll see.

      Delete
  6. Wishing you both a wonderful Dad and Lad challenge - thats a great hobby hideaway you have there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers Paul, we're looking forward to it too. Hope you have fun as well!

      Delete
  7. Cheers Barks, have a great Challenge!

    ReplyDelete