Thursday 22 December 2022

From ScottC: LOTR Hobbits (85 points)

 Hi all,

Happy to be back and ready to rock for this year's hobby challenge. I've had a busy year with many different projects from LOTR to Horus Heresy.

I had originally planned for a winter shire project and while I still hope to accomplish it, I was happy pre planning my studio walkthrough containing many projects that have been gathering dust.

To kick off my hobby progress I present my 3d printed hobbits to represent Baldo Tulpenny and a band of Battlin' Brandybucks!

After painting about 200 15mm horus heresy figures in gold and purple I was very happy to personalize some little hobbits. 






A total of 17 x 28mm figures = 85 pts

I am about 65% done my Under Construction project. Looking forward to getting those completed! 

Happy hobbying.

_______________________

Hey Scott, welcome back to the Challenge! Wonderful work on this mob of halflings. Being such mild-mannered folk, I wonder what has caused them so be so riled up. Something threatening the larder? Trampled their radishes? Interrupted Second Breakfast? No matter, they certainly look marvellously perturbed a well-represented under your brush, Scott. Well done!

- Curt


9 comments:

  1. I love The Shire and want a hobbit army too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice clean painting, the eyes are very good too. And who doesn’t love hobbits? I do! These especially. Well done Scott!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hobbit horde. Excellent. All those fury feet tramping off to battle. Love work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome looking little people Scott, keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great entry Scott - who makes the stls? The painting is lovely - really brings them to life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, these are monstrous encounter halfling. The fellow with the throwing stone is rnestudio. Printable scenery also has some excellent halflings too!

      Delete
  6. Nicely done, Scott! Very appropriate to have the Hobbits all colorful and trampling a field of wildflowers....somebody woke them from 2nd breakfast nap!

    ReplyDelete