Monday 23 January 2023

Iain W 28mm Chasseurs a cheval de la Imperial guard 120 ponts

 This unit didn't make it to the big game but I've finished them now, it's a rather understated uniform I think but I do like them, since a double cataract operation in December I'm having to re learn how to paint and can't see close up like I did before, so I think they're alright but I'm not entirely sure! Like virtually all my Imperial guard figures these are metal and therefore second hand, the previous owner had picked them up second hand with their black acrylic paint worn off in various places and with only the eagle bearer apart from the rank and file, I converted/promoted one of those chaps into a command figure, the trumpeter was a Foundry figure ( part of a rather varied eBay French Napoleonic command purchase ) who matches his Perry cousins in size very well ,(one of the sword at the ready chaps took his place guarding the Emperor, the Foundry horse was definitely diminutive compared to the Perry horses) I cut his carbine off and gave him a spare plastic trumpet hand










The flags are by GMB designs and very nice they are too, bases by Warbase. Twelve times ten points for 28mm cavalry should give me 120 welcome points, next up? More guard cavalry I think!

All the best

 Iain 

From what I can see the refurbished eyes are working fine.  There’s always room for Napoleons Guard Chasseurs.  I enjoyed reading how you sourced the figures, all the various riders seem to fit in fine.  Nice basework too.  

You obviously inhabit a different clime than I if that’s a recent outdoor picture.

25 comments:

  1. Your reconditioned peepers have not failed you! Wonderful work Iain. The Chasseurs a Cheval of the Imperial Guard is one of my (and many others) favourite uniforms (up with the Red Lancers) and you've done them proud. I look forward to seeing the next regiment to come off your desk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Curt, more reconditioned Imperial Guard to come!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  2. A must have unit for any French Army 👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Napoleon’s favourite uniform, and I can see why. They came out very well, I also like your basing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes , nicely understated and thanks very much!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  4. Even an understated Napoleonic uniform is a work of art, and these figures look great. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Peter, still winter here, a little bit of winter sun in the daytime and -7 at night!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant I love seeing Napoleonics

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to see more Napoleonic's!
    Cheers JezT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving those Iain, nothing like charging around with guard cavalry!

    Cheers
    MattW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt, more guard cavalry incoming!
      Best Iain

      Delete