Tuesday 14 February 2023

From MartinC: Jungle is Massive (175Pts)

 I've been laid up with the lurgy for over a week and not done much painting but the conversion of my entire house into a storage space for 28mm Vietnam terrain continues at a pace. I thought I'd add to my jungle collection. So I popped down to Poundland and bought one of thsoe really horrible plastic topiary balls and cut it up to make more.


Decided to make some large sections, each approx 10x6 inches with a mix of plastic palm trees, privet and other stuff

Think they have come out well



Overall they are 28"x23" x 2" high = 6.5 terrain cubes


Having finished the 10mm Poles last week I was about to start the Ottomans when I found a few more Polish infantry, not enough for a regiment but a couple of small skirmisher units


Then I started the 10mm Ottomans. As with all new units, irresepective of the scale, you aren't really sure how to paint them until you have painted them. These have come out OK but not as gloriously colourful as I would have liked. Odd considering they are painted magenta!


On the upside I have loads more to practice on.


Finally all good films deserve a sequel and it's back to books for another good film adaptation.

Obviously this is Bob Cratchett and Tiny Tim, cracking figs by Northstar


Scores on the doors

Jungle = 6.5 cubes = 130pts
35 x 10mm infantry = 35
Bob Cratchett and Tiny Tim = 10pts
Total = 175pts


That's a lot of jungle, Martin - it would look even better if you hit the plastic plants with a wash to tone them down a bit and maybe hit the edges of the larger leaves and palm fronds with a drybrush. The Ottomans look great - love their pink coats!

Tamsin

19 comments:

  1. Impressive bush! The Ottomnas really stand out with those very bright colors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers, will make the next batch blue I think

      Delete
  2. Yay for the Ottomans.. though that is a small taking thus far.. will be cool to see what more comes from them! And great jungle going thus far! Those boards will be quite impressive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, another 6 or 7 units of them to paint and then a lot of cavalry

      Delete
  3. Massively epic jungle Martin. Love Bob and Tim.

    Great to see the Turks appear. Maybe a wash of dark blue or black would bring out details on the purple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers, not much detail to bring out I'm afraid

      Delete
  4. Need more jungle ! Good to see you have been busy boy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2 massive boxes full just of jungle now. may have to do the war in the pacific, or burma just to use it. Or maybe FFL in Cameroon

      Delete
    2. All of those yes - get some 28mm Japanese and Aussies mate - I have Marines

      Delete
  5. Great effort Martin, I can't understand why anyone would ever buy topiary balls unless they were going to do something like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers, me neither. you get loads, still got about 1/3 left

      Delete
  6. Looks good Martin, especially like the ottomans

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous looking jungle, Martin! I also really like that Bob Cratchett and Tiny Tim (I need to get me one of those).

    ReplyDelete
  8. That’s a lot of bush, clever trick! I also like the Bob & Tim figure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant work Martin, love the jungle and the Ottomans too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful jungle, I'm envious.

    ReplyDelete