Wednesday 1 March 2023

From JamesM: 15mm British Snipers and Radio Truck (24 points)

Hi folks,

Just a small entry from me this week, as I clear the last few bits of WW2 stuff from my painting shelf (for now, at least) and work on some more Necromunda models. 

First up is a 15mm 3d printed Fordson WOT2D Radio Truck from Battlefield3d. I had no specific plan for this vehicle in my collection, so it's just decaled up as part of 51st highland Divisions signals regiment. Shown here alongside my recently completed LAD diorama. 


I've applied my usual selection of teeny decals, added a radio antenna and based to match the rest of my collection. No doubt this will find a role on the table at some point, even if it's just as set dressing. 




Alongside this vehicle, I finished off four bases of sniper teams for my British infantry battalion. When I last had the opportunity to parade my four infantry companies, I realised I was missing some sniper teams (an option from 3rd Ed of Flames of War). I was aware that the infantry battalions of 51st Highland Division had a sniper/scout platoon as part of the Support Company. These bases now give me enough to have three sniper teams per company, or a platoon of 13 bases plus an HQ. 

Utterly pointless game wise for 4th Ed, but the completionism in me wanted to use the figures up. These are metal Battlefront models.  

One of the sniper figures has some conversion work done, to change a beret into a Tam O'Shanter and adding a scope to the rifle held by the same figure. The others consist of older Battlefront sniper minis with a variety of other Battlefront models as spotters. 



Again, figures are based to my usual standard, with a selection of tufts. 

Points wise, it's one 15mm vehicle at 8 points, and eight 15mm figures at 16 points, for a total of 24 points. 

Minion Miles: Another fantastic 15mm entry.  I continue to be impressed with the quality of your 15mm painting.

23 comments:

  1. Nice radio truck and snipers, James! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Cheers - it's almost my speciality at this point!

      Delete
  3. Splendid work on your 15mm Brits, I hear you on utterly useless but necessary to complete tendency!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta collect them all... No really, GOTTA!

      Delete
  4. Excellent James, like those snipers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great adds to your project. Excellent wee radio truck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bruce, always nice to tick some of the 'to do' boxes!

      Delete
  6. Excellent work on these. I can't imagine the details and decals involved at this scale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm used to them now, but they are a tiny bit fiddly. The AoS and Division markings are 3mm by 3mm.

      Delete
  7. Wonderful brushwork James. I admire your pursuit of completionism. It just never ends, though, right?! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day the little ear worm that whispers 'wouldn't it be cool if' will leave me alone...!

      Delete
  8. Nice work, James! You absolutely need a commo van for the regiment. On a side note, my elderly neighbor was assigned to such a van with 106th Infantry Division( Golden Lions). He spent three days alone looking for friendly lines in the Battle of the Bulge after the van and crew were taken out while repairing phone lines. Although he does have bad memories, I know he will be quite chuffed to see his military job in miniature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always really keen to represent the guys who were doing dangerous jobs elsewhere on the front lines,

      Delete