Wednesday 1 March 2023

From MikeF - Gamma Wolves North-Star Faction - 75 points

I really lost steam at the start of February, but I figured that would happen thanks to work. This is the last group of models I have for Gamma Wolves. They represent the Arcology North-Star, which is built upon the remnants of the last U.S. and Canadian military installation. It was set up as a bastion of freedom after the apocalypse, but it's really just totalitarian dystopia. It's frame pilots are fed into a meat grinder of constant war, so it tends to lack veterans. In game terms, it's frame pilots have to be predominantly rookie pilots which reduces their effectiveness. They are however plentiful!

The models for this faction are from Anvil Industry and Nuclear Shrimp games. Unfortunately, NSG seems to have disappeared. I'd review their models, but I don't really see the point. 

Group Shot. The guardsman is for scale only.

These suits from Anvil Industry are fantastic!


Heavy Suit from Nuclear Shrimp

The plasma cannon on top and the top missile launcher are from Puppets War.


Very tricky to pose as each arm comes in 5 different pieces and no instructions!

Legs come in 4 pieces.







For scoring: 3 x 28mm vehicles and 3 x 28mm infantry = 75 points.

It also looks like I've had some points mistakenly added to my total. Unless those are pity points :(

Thanks for visiting!


Minion Miles: Very nice - I never heard of the company “Nuclear Shrimp” but they dont sound all that appetizing, still the minis are nice.  As for your points, perhaps a bit more info and we can see what the issue is.  I’m worried if a make a change it will be viewed as “Vindictive Points”. :)

13 comments:

  1. Very cool! I really like the ideas contained in Gamma Wolves and have long wanted to do some kit bashing to put a force together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking dystopian walkers!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not an aficionado to SciFi and similar, but you have made a great work

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Each arm was five different pieces, with no instructions" - are you sure these are not from Forge World?

    Great job Mike - and nice to see the GunSchwarm colours on the mech suits/frames.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice models. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No idea what they are but they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stompy robots these look great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work Mike. I have an AT Titan (Warmonger variant) from Nuclear Shrimp and quite liked the quality. Hopefully they come back, or their line is purchased by someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice work, Matt! I like the clunky, heavy, adhoc look of the group and armament! They look grand and that is a nice color choice. I also totally feel your pain in assembling a model w/o instructions especially with an irrational number of pieces for arms and legs....I did some 15mm walkers awhile ago and still haven't been tempted back again. But I did learn how to pin the pieces! 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  10. Splendid piece of work, really love it.

    I have just commenced a step by step instruction sheet for a manufacturer myself. Nothing worse than no instructions

    Cheers
    MattW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great models, a very fine colour scheme and good, clean painting!

    ReplyDelete