Wednesday 1 March 2023

From Brucer; Detour on Lady Sarah's Limo to the Books Studio; Dracula and Vampire Hunters; (65pts)

I've found myself in between projects and life, and I admit gaming has been intruding into my mojo.  I fell away from my approximate hour a night at the paint table and it shows.  I decided to simply grab some miniatures from the pile of opportunity and do some odd items.   

LIMO:

I think I read you could wonder through previously completed studios to new realms and rather than take advantage of this I had another female character to summon the Lady Sarah's Limo to save my feet the wander.  Here is another Foundry Miniatures civilian figure with babe.  Had done this early on in the challenge and saved for a Limo ride.  She was done mostly with contrast paints.  This figure turned out a little grainy, but as an objective or just a civilian wondering the table she will do fine.

 







Books Studio:

To shake off the malaise I looked around and found a blister of excellent miniatures.  Not sure they will ever be used, but when purchased I loved the figures.  From Bad Squiddo Games and the sculptures are Gary Morely and Gus Kearns.  


I'm submitting these Vampire Hunters as a bow to the Bram Stoker book Dracula.  I think the figures have the dress and style of the age.  These were fun to paint and are great miniatures.  

Here is my take on the stalwart vampire hunters.

The first figure is obviously the religious leader of the hunters.  Dressed in dark clothing and carrying the holy water vials.  He is armed with a vicious looking blade (for taking heads I imagine) and holy symbol able to function as a stake for coup de grace.




The next hunter looks to fill the investigator roll, seems to have the pattern English cloak.  Sporting a tie, hat, plus a hammer, with stakes for the difficult staking jobs.  




 



The next looks like he hales from the US as he sports the revolver and a rendition of the bowie knife for close work.  Again, civilly dressed, with vest and tie.  






Next is a brawny lad from Wales I'm guessing.  Any dandy, when sporting a hand and a half sword needs a cape to be able to walk about in public.  The bowler is a great add to this gents dress.  






Points:

Limo Ride            20 pts
25 mm figure          5 pts
Books Studio        20 pts
4 25 mm figures    20 pts

Total                       65 pts


Minion Miles: I’m getting a real Hammer Studios vibe here - and I like it!






11 comments:

  1. Glad I can be first to comment. I really like the tones and shading you got especially on the Vampire Hunters! Great stuff and inspirational for me - hope you can keep going and post up more stuff for the remainder of the Challenge.
    Cheers JezT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice civilian and a great collection of vampire hunters, I especially like the two handed swordsman with the bowler and very necessary cape!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice work on these figures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a super fan of Bad Squiddo I heartily give these a thumbs up. Great paint work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous looking vampire hunters. I really like all the 19th century sartorial touches. Great colour choices.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Miles...they do seem able to fit in a campy/gory Hammer vampire film! Nice work on the Vampire hunters, Bruce! I am sure you will find a good use for them shortly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Superb Bruce, nice work of those figures

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very good - great vampire hunter - I agree with Miles - Very Hammer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look absolutely smashing! Great painting, I especially love the reli-chap.

    ReplyDelete