Friday 22 December 2023

From Barks: Yuletide Cultists (15 points)

Hello all, season's greetings! Here are three terrifying cultists. They're 3D prints from Imitation of Life. I'm trying out Army Painter Speedpaints 2.0 for this Challenge, and they're doing a lot of the heavy lifting. I haven't got to grips with a consistent le slapchop technique for better shading and highlights; these are just on white. I'm trying Jon Hodgson's background art book.


Her candy cane axe snapped. Midsommar vibes.

Absolution Green is a really nice paint.


3x 28mm (15 points)

___________________________________

What a wonderful trio of Christmas lunatics, Barks. I particularly like the fellow with the garland and candles on his head - that takes good balance, baby. May have to pick up some Absolution Green...

Welcome back and prepare to count skulls!

- Curt

36 comments:

  1. Splendid Festive Fundamentalists Barks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the alliteration! I should steal that.

      Delete
  2. Very festive lunatics. Probably a result of a prolonged shopping spree. Thankfully I don't have a 3D printer or my pile of unpainted figures would be enormous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily, mine is temperamental so I am not churning out divisions.

      Delete
  3. I feel the yuletide spirit overwhelm me! Where is my chain axe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stark Barks, not tried speed paints myself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're not a substitute, but are a useful adjunct.

      Delete
  5. Hi ho ho. Great star and excellent candy cane mayhem. Just upped my Xmas spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel the need - the need for speed paints! Fantastic work Barks, and a great theme to help kick things off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like to start with a Christmas theme.

      Delete
  7. Great festive start! Love the Christmassy colours

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent festive fanatics! Love the candy cane axe!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these, top candy cane work

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice indeed and on point for the time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A marvelous bunch of Christmas crackpots.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Definitely a terrifying cult. Especially if they have theme music!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope they don't come knocking on my door asking for mince pies 😁

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great! Season's greetings Barks!
    Jonathan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant stuff Barks. The candy stripes are superb mate

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great work, love the candy stick tools of the trade!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very festive Barks. A great start!

    ReplyDelete