Thursday 21 December 2023

From PaulSS - Cold War T-62 company - 60pts

 

The will to paint has been weak these past few months so I was looking forwards to the challenge to get that mojo back on track.

I set the alarm for 0530 this morning and bleary eyed, with a cup of coffee in hand I slapped a coat of Russian Green on these chaps and base-coated the bases with some dull brown emulsion. Then, off to a couple of work meetings, boring! 

Fortunately, I had booked a half day off to kick off the challenge and just before lunch was able to pick up a brush again.


A bit of black on the machine guns and tracks followed by some mud splatters then a light dry brush before lunch - mushroom pate on toast with a side salad for those of an inquisitive nature!


Finally, a coat of Military Shade and then left to dry, while some base-coats were slapped on my upcoming entry, a Napoleonic Dutch artillery battery.


Once all was done I was able to get the bases finished with tufts, bushes and grass and then a coat of dull cote.

Victoria and I went out to the solstice celebrations at Paoli and on our return took a few snaps of the tanks for this post.


The tanks are 3D prints that chum Drew printed for me on his Elegoo Mars. These will add a whole new option of cheaper tanks to my Seven Days to the River Rhine Soviet force that currently fields the much more up to date and expensive T-64B.


Ten 12mm vehicles at 6pts each gets me off to a start on 60pts.

_____________________________

Welcome back to the Challenge, Paul! 

These T-62s look excellent as was your culinary indulgences for the day. Well done!

- Curt

46 comments:

  1. The first three posts are all 3D prints! These tanks look great. Nice photography too.
    Jonathan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very snazzy and making it look easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rob, I was determined to get something done on day one this year, so "mainly VMC Russian Green" was the way to go :D

      Delete
  3. Wow, you make that look effortless! I always struggle with vehicles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Barks, it helps that they are only a couple of inches long.

      Delete
  4. Very nice work, Paul! I like the weathering on them those are a nice batch of wee armor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work Paul and I really admire your efficiency, if only I could work so effectively my Cold War armies would all be done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Simon, I find Cold War is ok as long as you steer clear of MERDC

      Delete
  6. You are quick off the mark Paul. Those T62s are really nice. I did wonder who sold a mushroom pate shade of paint for a minute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter, it would be a good colour for something.

      Delete
  7. Splendid looking Soviet T62s ! Like Peter I was looking for mushroom camo, must read slower!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the Cold War is more likely mushroom clouds than mushroom camo.

      Delete
  8. Nicely done! Seeing the work you present here, makes me want to bump up some tanks on my painting 'to do' list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grand start . My T55’s in 7Days burn brightly ….decent at dealing with infantry mind !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Dave, I have a Bundeswehr Reservist force so these may be a good match against their Leopard 1A1

      Delete
  10. Fabulous Paul, I thought they were a bigger scale than 12mm. Great looking prints

    Cheers
    Marr

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent start Paul, they may have had a quick job but they look great! And I obviously look forward to your Dutch-Belgian artillery. Well done!
    Cheers, Martijn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martijn, I'm making good progress on those Dutck-Belgians this morning.

      Delete
  12. Great planning around the work beast and great start. Excellent beginning with iconic T-62s and they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Splendid looking tanks Paul! And very impressive dedication to the challenge. :😀

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome looking tanks. I love the colour variation you've managed on the armour, it really makes them pop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stuart, a bit of dirtying up of plain green vehicles goes a long way.

      Delete
  15. Great start mate, some great tanks 👍

    ReplyDelete
  16. They look perfect Paul the armour looks spot on great job

    ReplyDelete
  17. A great start to the Challenge, Paul!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice looking prints! Good job on finishing them.

    ReplyDelete