Thursday 28 December 2023

From JimG: Ork Trukk, Overdues and Returns (50 points)

Hey there! Long time listener; first-time caller. 

My first post for the challenge is one of the most long suffering models in my backlog: the humble Ork Trukk. I've had this kit for at least 8 years.

I haven't played a game yet of 10th Edition, but here we are with a model so coveted in the current meta that you can't find them online. Clearly, painting this thing is far overdue.



There are plenty more Orks to paint in the backlog that will involve significant kitbashing, so I decided this one should stay basic. I've swapped the heads out on driver and gunner, but otherwise everything is stock.


As a former librarian and current professor, I definitely dig the whole library challenge this year. Who knows, I might even find an orangutan in my pile to paint up...

POINTS:

28mm Vehicle = 20 points 
Overdues and Returns = 20 points 
Total = 40 points

________________________________________

Welcome to the Challenge Jim! 

Your opening entry is a doozy! What a magnificently shambolic Ork Trukk. There is so much to like with this model, especially your work on all the various details and the overall weathering. I'm also quite impressed with your apocalyptic backdrop and photography - it really sets the scene for the vehicle and its loonatic crew. 

I'm going to give you a few extra points for the driver, gunner and sheer size of the model.

Terrific work!

- Curt


18 comments:

  1. What a way to start, your first entry is a stunner, love the colours, it might have taken 8 years to get here but well worth the wait I say. looking forward to you next submission

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ork vehicles have a great aesthetic, which your paint job has brought out nicely. You can feel the Waaagh energy coming from it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a great way to start a Waaagh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Trukk, love the morning star attachment

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a beast. Great work and excellent crew for this ork bus. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the chaos Jim! A great start indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great trukk! Love the backdrop as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant stuff. Having painted a few of these, I know there’s a lot more detail than first appears and it’s a lot of work compared to their points in game!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seeing all this Orc stuff

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super work Jim, and welcome to the challenge. I hope we get to see this Unseen orangutan…

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cracking start - welcome along

    ReplyDelete
  12. More Dakka! Love it

    Cheers
    MattW

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great first contribution, fine model and painting, and very nice photography too. I am looking forward to more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this Jim! Welcome to the challenge, a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These ramshackle Ork vehicles are great and you've done fine work here, looking all the better with the backdrop!

    ReplyDelete