Sunday 11 February 2024

From DallasE: More 15mm Space Marines! And Rhinos! (64 points)

So at the same time I've been working on Germanic Tribesmen and Romans, I've been interspersing some other painting work - namely these 3D-printed 15mm Blood Drinkers Space Marines. I burned through the first 20 of these quickly and enjoyed them so much that I had Challenger ByronM print me up some more of 'em, plus some vehicles. I particularly needed some heavy weapons and special weapons, and Sergeants to fill out the platoon.

I also had him print some Rhino transports. As with the Space Marines, I painted the vehicles Mephiston Red and highlighted them Evil Sunz Scarlet, then washed them with Nuln Oil, The tracks were painted Leadbelcher and washed with Nuln and Agrax Earthshade. Most of the insignia are decals from the Blood Angels 40K sheet, but the aerial recognition insignia on the rear decks are hand painted. Weathering was done with some sponge chipping using Vallejo German Camo Black-Brown and drybrushing dirt colours.




Here's the whole bunch that I've painted so far. There's three squads of 10, each led by a sergeant, including one missile launcher, one meltagun, and seven Marines with bolters. At the front of the photo I've put the extra dudes I've painted - more Marines with bolters, another missile launcher, and some random command-types.

I still have the Company command section, their Rhino, and a Land Raider to paint and post. Depending on work, that may even happen next weekend. After that this mini-project will be finished and it'll be back to Legionaries and hairy Germans.      

Points:

20x 15mm infantry = 40 pts
3x 15mm vehicles = 24 pts
TOTAL = 64 pts

Catch you on the flip!

Great job once again Dallas on these mid sized marines here. Does the trick with the reds used here, and basing style combined. Not sure what system or style of gaming you would use them, but if they do get an outing, would love to see photos!

64 pts for you
Kyle

12 comments:

  1. These look fab Dallas. I really like the sergeants and those Rhinos look the business. I think this would be a great scale to play 30/40k in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work! Getting someone else to print you stuff is genius.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Each time I see these I can't believe they are just 15mm great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impressed with the details painted in the minis. Fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work. These need reds have a much better pigment don't they than the old blood red. No more worrying about painting over black.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent. Really drawn to this size with your work. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome stuff Dallas, it's great to see this progressing to the "just a small force" stage.

    Byron can do a Spartan too...just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  8. The weathering on these is great. A really nice looking force.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Incredible detail for 15mm- they really show the potential of 3D printed minis.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's great Dallas - where do you get the STL files for 15mm space marines and can you get a decent mix of vehicles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're really interested Kerry I know a guy who knows a guy...

      Delete