Sunday 11 February 2024

JezT - Library True Crime Room - (60 points)

 Dear All 

Another small post to tick off a new Library Room "True Crime" for me but keeps the scoreboard ticking over. First as I am in the entrance area I have to use a Lady Sarah post to get to the back area. These are a pair of North Star figures painted up as armed and dangerous female archaeologists. 




I play Bolt Action but using a 1930's Very British Civil War theme and in previous challenges posted armed village policeman and so on. Against my brother now decided we will start a new desert based setting for the same period, and thinking of an "Indian Jones meets Casablanca" type setting.  Here is the start of my force. 

Using the library cart I can cross the building to the True Crime section and present "Sherlock and Watson". I know we have had some posts of these two already in the challenge and my versions are from Ironclad Miniatures. I think they have gone for the Jeremy Brett version of Sherlock and Watson as seen in the UK TV dramas in the 1980/1990's.




 

Anyway that should be a simple 30 points (two figures and bonus) for Lady Sarah and the same for True Crime so 60 in total. 


Five rooms now completed for me ....

Happy painting all - Jez

Great work Jez, and excellent models for both Sarah's cart and for the True Crime Section. 

An solid 60 pts here for you it seems. 
Kyle

   

  

10 comments:

  1. Very nice. Like the basing on the detectives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work here Jez. I particularly like Holmes and Watson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great painting indeed. But apparently the varnish has gone slightly gloss? In case you want to take a look, I'm using this Vallejo ultra matt and it's a terriic product https://www.sfpintures.com/en/airbrushing/5203-vallejo-acrylics-ultra-matte-polyurethane-varnish-200ml-27653-8429551276535.html?gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiA_aGuBhACEiwAly57MRFzubJtqZ73yqk3weccuKmrRAFOUPlabP7KSCHXg9hW731F9lp17xoC9xIQAvD_BwE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for tip. I quite like the look of "old skool" shiny gloss and just use GW Technical Ardcoat for ease. Been thinking about switching to matt though so will likely give a go.

      Delete
  4. Great figures Jez, suitably criminal ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such criminality at work! Well done Jez.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great investigators, both female and male.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice - you've got me in Elvis Costello mood now and I can't get the song out of my head! - "watching the detectives" :-)

    ReplyDelete