Sunday 11 February 2024

Sunday - Clean Up Time!

 


Not sure if this is happening to everyone else, but with the weather turning a bit warmer ( and in between bouts of rain ), the garden seems to be calling. Oh no, not to me personally, but to my partner which inadvertently means it is calling to me! 

So as much as one might wish to be painting, it seems mulch moving was much in order this weekend. Wondering if I am alone in this activity, or similar gardening actions, this weekend. Or if others in the challenge have been pulled from their painting tables to see what all this fuss about fresh air and the outdoors is all about? 

For posts today, it is a lot of historical paintings from the Sunday crew. Lovely bits and pieces at that so far! 

Have a sit back, or lean up against a retaining wall, and have a gander at todays offerings!

17 comments:

  1. My garden is still cryogenically frozen, but have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I realize that not all of the world has awoken as yet for gardening.. I know I wish mine wasn't.. back is shattered now :(

      Delete
  2. "The garden is calling"? Holy mackerel, it just snowed here yesterday and getting colder. You have fun though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't mind a bit of snow to be honest.. been a while since we saw any here in the UK. But we did have a good time getting it all laid out so there today.

      Delete
  3. We spiked up into the 50s for a day but returned to just above freezing for the rest of the week. The garden shall remain dormant for a few more months here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uff.. just above freezing.. ouch.. well the weekend here was quite decent being in the 10s ( celcius ) so a good weather to do a few bits and bobs around the garden for sure.

      Delete
  4. The bulbs are up and the crocus are blooming- spring is right around the corner. Next week I will be pruning my fruit trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo great! I still have much pruning/cutting/cleaning to do when the Mrs informs me it is time. Until then I hope to get in a bit more painting!

      Delete
  5. I am happy to consume a garden eg sitting in it - but I don’t to gardening otherwise . My dad was a gardener and there is no way would be able to be as good - so that my excuse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I can fully appreciate that! Though my partner never had the chance to do proper gardening in Turkey being in the city all the time. So she is really enjoying this. Though why I keep getting roped into it ( and now Jr also ) is beyond me!

      Delete
  6. Mine wants me to go outside to plant trees, clean the stall and burn the burn pile- but I just got a new airbrush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the Airbrush definitely takes priority here... the rest can wait for like... next spring surely? Or she can at least remind you of it in 6 months right? ;)

      Delete
  7. Love gardening, but we're still 3 months away from it here. Have fun and book a massage. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Already on the books.. more so after a late night watching the sports and counting the Taylor sightings 🤣

      Delete
  8. My garden's getting overgrown largely because of the time spent painting for the challenge

    ReplyDelete