Wednesday 7 February 2024

From Millsy: A giant, a tank and some palm trees walk into a bar (80 points)

G'day All,

This post is possibly the very definition of eclectic. It's comprised of all the half finished stuff that wasn't quite ready for other submissions. There's now enough of it that it is irritating me so it needs to be dealt with.

First up is a Reaper Bones giant and the last of the big monster-type creatures I had prepped to paint. He should have been finished with my Ogres but didn't make the cut. Ostensibly "28mm", he's approximately 100mm tall and based on previous entries of giants worth 20 points. Not much else to say other than he's filling the Oversized Challenge Library slot as well as any doorway he jams himself into. Apologies for the poor photo, he's leaning way forward and depth of field was a real problem.





Next up we have a plastic 28mm Matilda II as support for my Western Desert Aussies here and here. A nice kit to assemble and fun to paint. Fitted with a crap gun but heavily armoured it'll be an interesting challenge for early war opponents to get rid of but not present that great a threat itself.





Lastly a bunch of palm trees. These are for a range of projects but in the first instance they'll add to my desert terrain for Bolt Action games. They roughly fill a 6" cube by the time you take out all the fresh air I guess.

\

Points-wise...
  • Giant + library bonus = 40 points
  • Palm trees (approximately 1 terrain cube) = 20 points
  • Matilda II = 20 points
Total = 80 points.

Thanks for looking!

Cheers,
Millsy
 
***
 
Ah, I love these submissions of various stubs from other projects...I think of it as a "clearing of the baffles", something you need to do every so often so you can re-orient your painting and dive into new projects...or even three other projects at once...but still...
 
These all look fantastic Millsy! The giant is tremendous, and a perfect fit for the "oversize" category in the Library. And the Matilda...a classic of the western desert WW2 setting! Lovely! And I'm sure the crew will appreciate having some nice palm trees to drive through on their way to some sort of terrible encounter with an 88mm gun out in the desert somewhere...
 
That is another 80 points for you!
 
GregB
 

16 comments:

  1. While that tank is gorgeous, I do really love the giant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the giant, and who can complain about an underpowered, impossible to kill tank

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work Millsy, that Reaper giant came out well. Love the Matilda, one of my favourites

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work here Millsy. I have been wondering what tanks to get for my Aussies project. I think I might have to go with Matildas. Mainly so I have a tune to whistle while I roll dice..... (I'll get my coat.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waltzing or Running to Venezuela?

      Delete
    2. Under the Milky Way Tonight or Sounds of Then!

      Delete
  5. I really like the painting on that giant but the basing is what really caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cracking stuff - I do like the Matilda

    ReplyDelete
  7. That giant is great, in his very fashionable skirt! The mathilda is awesome too, quite an iconic tank that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Palm trees are useful, and I like the Matilda.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great giant Millsy, bones is it not? I painted the same a few years back for Frostgrave, yours is awesome. Tank as well. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous Giant Millsy. That Matilda is also superb. The palm trees make me wish I was there instead of here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done. This I would assume is the perfect example of a Squirrel post?

    ReplyDelete
  12. The giant is brill but tbose palm trees are the pick of the bunch for me, I’m a sucker for nice terrain

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haven't seen better palm trees Millsy - top marks

    ReplyDelete