Thursday 15 February 2024

From RayR: Haitian Revolution - Revolting Slaves with hand weapons (90 points)

 


I've been working from home this week, which has allowed me to also get a little painting done as well.
You may remember from past Challenges or on my blog, I've been building up all the sides for the Haitian Revolution??


Well for this years Challenge, my plan is to get some of the final figures I need all painted up.
In June at the Broadside Wargames Show, I plan to put on a Revolution game There's not a great deal of info on the actual bttales that were fought, but I think I've found one that could make a great game.


For this un-named battle I need a few more figures, surprise surprise!


Here we have another 18 revolting slaves carrying handweapons, ok some do have pistols, but its the swords and daggers that count.


Rear view!


Lastly I thought I'd split the 18 into two. On the right are Trent Miniatures Slaves with handweapons, while on the left are Foundry Pirates, some with head swaps some just painted with brown skin as I couldn't be ar$ed to cut more heads off.....I have been ill you know!

So to the points
18 x 25mm figures at 5pts each gives me a total of  90 points!

TeemuL: 90 points it is. You do undestand, that working from home means you need to work from home, not paint at home? :) Of course you save time when not driving to the work place and it is easier to paint a little bit during lunch and coffee breaks or even during Teams/Zoom/etc session.

These look fine, very nice colours, bright and tidy. Non-uniform scheme means the painting might be slower, but it might be more interesting, too, and you have been painting these unofficial troops a lot in the past, so you know what you are doing.

31 comments:

  1. Nicely painted Ray and good to see something a bit off the beaten track as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you working on this project Ray. I do think you need a better term than Revolting Slaves however. How about Haitian Revolutionaries or Freedom Fighters?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful brushwork Ray! Gosh, I wish I could make it to Broadsides to see you game. You will put on a fabulous spread, I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I can make it look as good as you think I can Curt?

      Delete
  4. Great brushwork Ray! And don't all of the best hobby projects turn out to need a few more figures?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work Ray, not quite as revolting as you might think. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Revolting slaves? Which one is Spartacus?

    Looking very good and I’m cheering them on against the overseers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How do work at home for a brewery! Nice lads done there matey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered that too. Maybe he drinks beer at home?

      Delete
    2. Easy peesy, the work phone is diverted to my mobile. I buy and sell luvvly cask and kegs of beer over the phone and email.

      Delete
  8. very nice figures, Such a shame im on the other side of the world would love to see your game and meet you and maybe some of the other guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your invited to Posties shed for a bash whenever you want Kent.

      Delete
  9. Very nice and I too would love to see the game/production. Have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome painting and smart use of the Foundry pirates. Enjoy broaddide Ray I am sure we will see a review on the blog?

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a great looking mob, love the mix of colours, and such a unique subject.

    ReplyDelete