Monday 26 February 2024

From TeemuL: Cirdan the Shipwright [Maritime] (25 points)

A quick post this week, because I was travelling last week. Happily I was a bit prepared and had this Cirdan half painted when I got home and finished him during the lunch break. He is a metal mini from GW for their Middle Earth Strategy Battle Game. A very small role in the movies, seen getting the ring Narya and then in the Grey Havens. Painted mostly with Contrast paints, seemed to work very well on all the elven robes, cloaks and other elven clothes.

Cirdan, or Cirdan the Shipwrigth, is my entry for the Maritime section. He was also the Lord of the Harbours of Falas and later Guardian of the Grey Havens.

In the book he has a beard, but in the movie he has not, and the mini is based on the movie, so no beard. I have not read his rules recently, but I have played against him once and if I remember correctly he was a powerful support hero when used correctly. I don't know if I field him, since he is not really a warrior and was not mentioned to take part in the wars in the books or movies. Might be nice to try in one scenario or other.

A simple entry, 5 points for a single mini and 20 points for the Library section. I think I visit couple of the finished sections next week before heading to the final section.

 Sylvain: You are just motoring through the library sections! Your justification for "Maritime" is well argued, so you can bag that extra 20 points. I like the effect you obtained with the contrast paint on the clothes of your figurine. I have not tried such a technique yet, but I'm getting more and more tempted. Nice entry for Monday.

12 comments:

  1. Thank you Sylvain! The more there is texture on a mini, the better contrast paints work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for the maritime theme!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Barks! I was very happy with my imagination once I figured I could use Cirdan for this theme.

      Delete
  3. Lovely model. Love the bright of the blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter! The blue is nice, although it seems to be a bit messy in the photos.

      Delete
  4. Nice figure, the blue is really nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks another Peter! :) Blue is good, might be too bright to be "real", but I like to see my minis on the gaming table.

      Delete
  5. Great work Teemu! Love the blue cloak and his austere face.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent use of contrast paints Teemu. Great library post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bruce! Contrast paints worked nicely on this mini, I agree.

      Delete
  7. Nicely done Teemu, you've got contrast painting working really well

    ReplyDelete