Sunday 18 February 2024

From Codsticker: Bloody Miniatures Unhorsed Cuirassier and A Couple More Orcs (30 pts)

In this entry I have a couple of Orc archers that I didn't quite get finished last week as well as the third pack of wave 4 from Bloody Miniatures.

Like the two from last  week, these orcs are straight forward archers.


I imagine they are pretty useless in-game if their rules reflect their performance in both the trilogy and the movies.


On the other hand... I would expect these unhorsed cuirassier would put up a pretty decent fight.


With their armour and melee weapons, they were often called upon to force breaches and lead assaults on defended positions.

The Unhorsed Cuirassier is pack BM 022, released in September 2022.



I had another crack at yellow with their sashes. Still a little too bright for my liking.


I love blackened armour but I saved it for this model, who I have chosen to be their colonel or major.


That is 6 28mm models @ 5 pts each for a total of 30 pts.


By Guest Minion Paul:
Very nice Rob - I do love the Bloody Miniature range- such wonderfully characterful and dynamic sculpts! Your unhorsed lobsters look great - I too love the enamelled black armour for officers. 30 well deserved points!

13 comments:

  1. Those are very well done and the last picture is quite atmospheric

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent figures and staging of the shots. You keep drawing towards Bloody Miniatures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cuirassier are excellent. I have always wondered how they reload with those metal gauntlets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really great figures, lovely painting and the added background really brings them to life

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work Rob! As Paul mentioned, I really like the dark armour of the officer. Always love seeing LotR stuff - great set of Orcs you have here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great stuff, I specially love the Cuirassiers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great stuff, I specially love the Cuirassiers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely looking Cuirassiers and Orcs!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good work! Orc archers are like Imperial Stormtroopers...

    ReplyDelete