Friday 1 March 2024

From KentG: 28mm Confederate cavalry & Samurai (points 125)


Here is my second submission for the week
I took the day off on Tuesday and thought I'd get a mass of figures done
but by the end of the day, started at 8.30am finish at 11pm
I had only completed these 10 cavalry and 5 Samurai other than the command 
figure for the ACW which is a Perry command pack figure
 I do not know who makes the rest

they are really well sculpted minis and were a pleasure to paint, 
maybe that's why I spent way to long on them











I've always stared away from Samurai but these Perry minis were 
an enjoyable paint maybe because they weren't in there amour.



I painted them for the customer as they looked on the website
I have one more to complete


        
                    Points

                    10 x 28mm confederate cavalry @ 10pts = 100
                    5   x 28mm foot                          @  5 pts  = 25
                                                                        Total 125 pts     

From Millsy: I find it quite remarkable how you can paint for so long without letting your levels drop Kent. These are really well done, especially the patterned fabrics on the Samurai. What happened to the last guy?

29 comments:

  1. Fantastic brush work on the Civil War cavalry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the look of those cavalry, well worth the time spent Kent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. was hoping to get a lot more done but you know what it's like when you start really enjoying the paint.

      Delete
  3. Great job with the Confederate Cavalry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved seeing these ! Especially like the cavalry basing you used and posed Samurai shot and Japanese clothing fabric pattern you selected !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jez, at this rate I'm going to use up my years worth of basing materials.

      Delete
  5. You're a bolder man than Ito paint samurai! They look great. Really love the faces on those gritty ACW cavalry, they have a Foundry look to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Peter, I wasn't to sure about doing the samurai but, they are done now and I'm back to the 40mm

      Delete
  6. Great to see all the horseflesh in the entries these days. Wonderful painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm hoping to get a bit more horse flesh done before it's all over

      Delete
  7. Great work all around but the cavalry are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Tom, I've painted 165 cavalry to date and still going

      Delete
  8. I always like samurai, but those cav are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never done Samurai before but had fun with these

      Delete
  9. Both cavalry and samurai are excellent. Love the paint and basing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. After all that concern while painting, your samurai came out great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, wasn't to sure to start with but I'm happy with them

      Delete
  11. Both are very characterful and your painting is top notch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those samurai are particularly nice

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete