Tuesday 30 December 2014

From BrendonW - 28mm Wars of the Roses Bannermen (45 Points)



My miniature late medieval force is growing and now I present the first of the Banner bearers. 8 x  28mm Perry Plastics with Banners that I created. 


The two long ones are inspired by the styles that actually come with the box. However I created original designs with some found images from the internets in CorelDraw. We learn a little more about this force through the Latin which is Fermentum and Lardum. Translates to Beer and Bacon roughly. Perhaps they are significant traders and the Kingdom was founded on those products? Why 3 tankards? Well I did a little searching and my last names is Watts and there is an old heraldry for some such Watts bloke from England who has 3 severed heads on his coat of arms so instead of heads, 3 beers please. I don't mind decent head on my beers but smelly old severed heads you can keep. 



The banners are not actually shiny but I will hit them with a coat of Matt Varnish. Just another effect of my dodgy photography.

Cheers from me.
From Curt:Brendon, you are on a roll with this project! These are some fabulous bannermen Brendon, and custom created no less. Beer and Bacon. Definitely things to fight for. Very impressive work so I'm adding a few more points for your efforts - well done Mr. Watts.




24 comments:

  1. Three beers are always better than one and bacon is the food of the gods. Can't go wrong with that combo.

    Lovely job Brendon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work, well done that man!

    And EVERYTHING is better with bacon. If you squint a little, it almost looks like they're flying a couple of gigantic scorched rashers...

    So which faction are these guys with, Brendon? Are they Porkists?
    ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm! Bacon! Really great additions to the force. I am longing to see more of them now. Please don't disappoint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice indeed! Good research skills and I thoroughly approve of swapping tankards for severed heads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice, a great painting work. I like a lot your figures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm Beer and Bacon... I will fight for that! Great job once more

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bacon and Beer - what's not to love?

    Excellent work and very creative banners Brendon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beer and Bacon, all that a man need. Brilliant work on these bad boys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrific stuff. Great paint-job, terrific research and a stunning group of Bannermen. Brill :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beer and Bacon...............the food of Gods!!! Nice one Brendon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool and that flag would make a great beer label if you ever get in too the micro-brew hobby :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks everyone. Makes me motivated to get more done and gives me a warm feeling inside ....or is that the rum?
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have a hang over tomorrow it was the rum :)

      Delete
  13. Fantastic work! If those banners represent the rations they get in the field I know which army I'm signing up with!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This stuff is pretty incredible. I would love to paint figures for this period, but am so thoroughly ill-informed about it I would have no idea where to start. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The only better than beer is bacon! Great banners and splendid looking troops, the armor is grand!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely work, love the beer and bacon idea

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  18. Red, black and white is always a winning combo. These are beautiful sir!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Some great painting! Great choice of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  20. One of the rasher entries. (See what I did there? I crack myself up).
    I would totally fight with that army.
    Very well done. Lovely entry.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Glorious banners. I definitely need to try my hand at making some.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful banners, and what wonderful character they have too!

    ReplyDelete