Monday 29 December 2014

From DaveD - Fix Bayonets!! KRRC,RMLI & Naval Brigade Gatling Gun (285 Points)

Cracking along nicely with the Imperial forces, this latest lot completes half of the Infanty requirement for the inital OOB's

So we have the Kings Royal Rifle Corps (30 figures) , and the Royal Marine Light Infantry (24 figures). The officer and rifle armed guard for the Gatling were picked up already painted and needed little work- as was the gun itself - so just the 3 gunners to count. All of this lot are Connoisseur Miniatures. Can you tell I am enjoying painting these?

Both battalions are in a version of  blue/grey uniform, although slightly different shades as this seems to have been an issue and its nice to get a bit of variation - I will do a blog post on how these were done, as its actually really quick to do on these figures.









And here we have a shot of all the various completed Imperial units from this challenge and last year and a few bits in-between.


Right, off to make sabres for the upcoming Hussar conversions. I am nicely in the swing  of things with this little lot - an early morning session, and then an evening one is working nicely.

Oh Millsy - I have found some lads that are quick to paint...Egyptians...white uniform , red fez (whatever) rifle and flesh - and bobs your point bomb!

From Curt"
Wowza! Another beautiful (and huge) Sudan entry from you Dave - wonderful stuff!  As the last entry, the blue/grey uniform is particularly eye-catching (and I love the straw hats of the naval gunners). And you can't help but appreciate the last picture with the square in all its glory. Magnificent.
This entry will see Dave crack the 1K mark and move back into top position in the points ranking... for now. Millsy, Miles and Dave, the three of you have been trading broadsides these past few weeks. I wonder if the three of you can keep it up for the next 11?  Time will tell...


42 comments:

  1. Wonderful looking force Dave! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant. I can't see the Fuzzys breaking that square :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed...thought there are a lot of them!

      Delete
  3. Congrats Dave, first to 1K! Lovely work there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another impressive point bomb Dave. I really do think you should try to break the 4,0000 point barrier this year. I don't know about anybody else, but I'd get a kick out of seeing it done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL.. Thanks Anne.. I have a few mid challenge commitments which are going to reduce available time...the figure mountain will be significantly run done at 2250 too ... Thanks for the encouragement but I don't think I can do that!

      Delete
  5. Thanks Curt.. There are a few distractions coming up so I will have a bit of painting slow down

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness for that I was beginning to think you were not human.

      Delete
    2. Ha... Just getting em done while I can.. Being off helps

      Delete
    3. Not just me then? Got a WBQ to do then there's the dreaded spectre of work lurking around the corner too...

      Delete
  6. Terrific work on the Sudan Dave. Astoundingly fast painting I myself have 2 more Sudan figures to do this week but no way I could ever keep up with your productivity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Curt - the hats on the naval crew are great. And the grey uniforms are really nice, you'd think they'd be a little drab but you've kept them so they pop nicely, so excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makes a change from the Al ist ubiquitous Perry figures with soft caps.. I personally like the different look

      Delete
  8. Fantastic, and a lot of painting work. These figures are very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are old figures, but they do still look the part..

      Delete
  9. Another beautiful points bomb Dave. It looks like you're on course to reach your target inside 8 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i will reach my target no doubt , but there are still a few slow patches to get over coming up..

      Delete
  10. You sure keep on cranking these out at an impressive pace! Great work once again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning... simply stunning. I just cannot get over how fast and how very well you paint these minis. Tip top stuff Dave :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers - lots of practice and organisation...and being on holiday helps!

      Delete
  12. Did you actually do anything but paint over Christmas Dave??? Mad I tell you.....maaaaaad!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. M...M...Mad.. Me Sir , yessiree..

      Had a quiet time , out at family for XMAS day ...but New Year will busy...hangover territory!

      Delete
  13. Amazing. Excellent work. Very impressive. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  14. I tip my hat to you Sir - very well done indeed. I may have a few items to contribute on my posting day tomorrow but nothing that can rival the quality of your Sudan project.

    Like you, I've been pushing to get a lot done during the Holidays as that whole "work-thing" will be requiring a good bit of my attention so my production will down.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Truely a great looking force! Lovely work on the troops. I like the variations in gray, the naval gun crews are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well that about does it! Looks like I'll need to pay the Sudan a visit.:-) Great work!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  17. These really are in the grandest of manner. Well done in presenting them so well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. They look great, hard to believe so much can come off the table so quickly. Please go back to work!!!!

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha.. Not till next week matey... Mind won't be much doing before the now got visitors coming.

      Delete
  19. Simply glorious mate! Well done on smashing through 1K first and for doing it in such style. Despite the "ease" of the Egyptians I'm looking forward to seeing them as they have an elegant simplicity about them I think.

    Can we see a much larger image of that square please, even of on your own blog as opposed to here? That would make cracking desktop wallpaper for the PC...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Matey.. I will post the full size one on my blog !

      Delete
  20. Very impressive. Makes the Sudan look like a super sexy period to game. Sailors are especially nice. Well done Dave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael.. There are some more fine matelots planned for later too

      Delete