Wednesday 10 February 2016

From KyleC - American vs German (10 pts )


Ok... so last week I had a paint bomb.. this week well I don't.. mostly due to being told I have to move out, so that process is taking priority.. but I did paint 2 new models yet to be released to help bring me some sanity!

These chaps are from a soon to be announced little company calls Stoessi's Heroes! A US Commander and a German Grunt are the first 2 models, and I was lucky enough to snag then pre-release!

First up is the US Commander. Considering that I just finished ( almost ) my USMC force, this was a perfect addition to my force ( and one that got to see some action at the club last night! ). He has a neutral stance, which to be fair as a commander is not uncommon. He has his trusty rifle, sack, shovel pouch, but also a stoggie lit and ready take out the enemies!


Thankfully Thomas is doing the boxart for this as mine is more table top than showcase, but it does do the business required for the piece I believe! I also hope to obtain a few more once the official first batch of casts are completed, and paint some up for the guys at the club.

Basing was done simple enough. Gravel, sand, and some pieces of slat. I will toss on some static grass clumps at some point, but for now he is fine.

The German grunt however was a lot more interesting and difficult to paint up! Especially considering all the choices for camo that exist for it!


I will say now, I paint more for fun than I do for historical accuracy. I am not sure if any of this works, and actually once the model is away from the bright table lights, the colors all fade together ( almost like he is in camo! ).

He sticks out quite a bit from the base work, and the green/brown/black camo pattern on top of the blue probably is not smart. But in the end I had fun painting him up, and I think he looks good as a one off ( or until I want to start my trip to the insane asylum and paint up an entire company of these guys in this pattern.. ).


I do have a German army in the works at some point, but they are more Afrika Troops than Normandy/Berlin troops.. so he still won't really fit in. But I can always use him as some daft single troop choice I am sure.

So 2 models, of 28mm size. giving me a grand total of 10 pts! Some may say that I have lost the wind in my sails for painting, and honestly they might be right. But it is not from painting, but from external forces ( flu, moving, realtors in UK, .. ) and I hope that once moved ( beginning of March ) I can really hunker down and get some more pieces finished up! I still have 8 models sitting on my desk primed and ready for some paint.. so maybe this weekend before a friend comes for the week I will get some of them finished up!

Enjoy hump day!

MMMmm. now they are interesting, very tempting. A really nice job on these too Kyle.Having fun painting has to be the best way to do it. External forces catch us all at some point, they will pass.. and i am sure we will see another Kyle Pointbombe!

17 comments:

  1. Really like the colours on these. Top brushwork, not being a proper artist that's weird phrase to me. It's people like you that make me have to go and work on my brush work. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment Martin.. was really happy with the end results for sure. Now to get a few more and paint them up for the others at the club as gifts ;)

      Delete
  2. Nice figures and painting Kyle :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Tamsin.. just wish I could get to painting more of them..

      Delete
  3. Nice figures Kyle and well painted! I also like the way you've based them.

    I hope the move goes smoothly. I'm wondering how many times I've said that since I've known you. You've had several big moves over the last 4 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Basing is always an experiment for me.. and the US commander was done a bit differently from my normal army style.

      As for the move.. yes I have done far too many over the last 4 yrs.. of which only one of them have been of my own choosing, the others have been kinda forces upon us for one reason or another :( Thankfully this is just around the corner instead of across a continent!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Cheers, and nice to hear it seems to be a style as well ;) Always is a goal for me to have :)

      Delete
  5. Nice figures given an outstanding paint job

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Ian.. happy to hear that from you! Always checking your blog for inspiration for military army colors and schemes.. even if my work connection refuses to allow me to comment on the posts :S

      Delete
  6. Stonkingly good mate. Stonkingly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really fine work them both, Kyle! I like the stooge on the commander, nicely painted!
    And keep having fun! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the subtleness of your painting, great work!

    ReplyDelete