Wednesday, 30 March 2016
I started this challenge wanting to bang out a whole lot of figures that I have had sitting around, I created a fancy spreadsheet and everything. I had also planned to get a figure in for every single theme week. Very quickly the planning went out the window as various things came up and as I got distracted by new figures, games, and video games.
I had however planned on that happening and set my goal at 1000 points even though I had about 2000 points laid out in my painting plan. While I didn’t get everything done, I did manage to get a large number of things done, and was able to beat the points goal I had set.
I forgot to include the ships that I had finished and the terrain pieces in the photo, both of which I was quite happy with.
I finished off a good bit of modern 28mm, a pile of new 28mm WW1 figures to add to my Through the Mud and the Blood games, more grey scale zombies for zombicide, and even another unit of French Napoleonics. So overall I am happy with everything I got done.
The two main things I did not finish, which I still need to are my Tau units (which got delayed due to waiting for a few more to come in) and another unit of Death Guard for 30k, which just got set aside for other priorities. Both of these will get done sometime soon though.
I had a lot of fun with the challenge and seeing all of the other great figures being done by everyone helped keep me motivated and painting over the winter, which is the whole point of it to me. So, I will be back next year and hope everyone else is as well.
Lastly, thanks to Curt for running this again (and to the minions who helped) and thanks to everyone else who entered for all the awesome eye-candy!