Wednesday 30 March 2016

Adam's Challenge - Here they are again

As my apartment and especially my "dinning room" table has been taken over by wedding related items since the challenge ended.   I will have to recycle older pictures. 

This is the group shot there are some missing, my half tracks and the Frozen sisters (Epic Fail)


Here we have the Frostgrave mob I got a least figures for two full war bands and almost all the monsters I will ever need.

Dragon Rampant, Monster hunt creatures and 10mm Renaissance troops. Also some of my Chinese figures
French soldiers form the 17th and 18th centuries and some pirates the Drunken Kung-fu master and 20th Century Paraguayan troops. 
Necromancer, apprentice and their skeleton warriors.
Frostgrave soldiers and war hound.
ghouls for Frsotgrave
Frostgrave cultists
Darkswork Critter Kingdom figures the cutest war band of them all.
Halftracks from Plastic Soldier company.
Frozen Wizards for Frostgrave
The White Willow warriors.
Chinese unit leaders Male and Female Generals and Swordmaster
Paraguayan troops my prize from last years challenge.
Monsters for Hunting at Huzzah.
Old School Ral Partha Spear men.
10mm Pike and Shot
The Green and White Knights
Games Workshop Knights
Last of all my pirates. Since I couldn't get a picture of me with the miniatures... 
 Here you have me as 1:1 scale soldier of the American Revolution. I'm in the red frock coat.
 Normally I play a French soldier of Regiment Saintonge (French) or a Massachusetts Militia soldier (4th Middlesex Regiment) but on the day of this picture we were acting as Tory militia backing up King George's army.

So you can get a better look at my mug here I am with my Fiancée Ariana bottling wine for our wedding favours. Thanks Ariana for putting up with my participation. Thanks Curt for running this great contest, thanks Sarah for lending us Curt and for your kind words about my lady pirates. Thank you Peter for being a great Monday Minion and to thank you to all my fellow participants especially my opponents in the Frostgrave side duel Bill, Paul and Simon I was impressed with your work.  To every one who took part thank you your work is inspiring and honoured to be among you.

27 comments:

  1. That's a lot of painted figures Adam! Always good to have you join us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really quite an impressive job Adam. The re-enactment photo is very cool and that looks like a lot of wine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Six half bottle cases of it or near enough

      Delete
  3. I guess the Challenge was a great excuse to outsource all the wedding pre work to your fiancee... very smart guy!
    Outstanding work
    And congratualtions for the wedding!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Partly :) I've been pulling my weight or I like to think I am but she has some issues with "deligation" shall we say :)

      Delete
  4. Fantastic stuff Adam - you were a real powerhouse this year with your Frostgrave entires. Well done!

    Also, congratulations on your upcoming nuptials. You both look radiantly happy, as it should be. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Curt, the Challenge was a lot of fun and I was reasonably productive. Thank you also for the congradulation I think its fair to say we are happy with eachother.

      Delete
  5. Great stuff Adam and congrats on the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's quite a collection, well done Adam!

    ReplyDelete
  7. certainly knocked it out - and congrat on the upcoming wedding

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great stuff Adam. It was great to have you on team Monday. I loved all the Frostgrave stuff and pirates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed being part of the Monday team. Glad you like my work.

      Delete
  9. Grand work on the pile, Adam! Prodigious output on the Frostgrave forces as well, I really liked that worm! Congrats on being hunted down too, my wife insists it's the best way to keep fellas outta trouble! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does a reasonably good job of keeping me out of trouble when she's not that one getting me in trouble that is. Thanks David.

      Delete
  10. Great work on a growing collection. Great to see you. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Grats on the impending nuptials, Adam, and also on your amazing output. You're a remorseless painting machine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now that is a mountain of well painted figures! Good luck with the wedding - good timing to put it after the AHPC of course....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh if the challenge had started a month or so latter I would have tapped out :). Thank you.

      Delete
  13. Lovely stuff.. and the frozen duo was great..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic collection you've put together over the last few months. Thanks for the great side challenge too, it was really close at the end. Now to work out what I need to send you (and where)

    ReplyDelete