Monday 6 February 2017

AdamC- Sleepy Hollow and Frostgrave (101 points)

First up this week is the Sleepy Hollow Militia or so the box called them.  They are another 25 MM Vampire Wars box I picked up at my local store in the bargain bin.  A friend of mine and I have been lookin for armed civilians for a game based on the Deerfield raid of 1704 and I thought these guys might work nicely.
Their costume is obviously more 1804 than 1704 but armed civilians for the that period that are hard to fine.
My favorite of this first group is the fellow with the lantern.   He really does look like he's up in the middle of the night because his wife heard some thing make a ruckus in the barn.
Five more militia figures, I tried to get a good mix of colors with shads of brown dominating.  I am especially fond of the guy with the shoulder cape and side burns.
Hopefully my friend Dave thinks these guys are workable for his scenario, even if they are not the still should get me a nice 40 points.
Nest we have the Ice Toad a must have for Frostgrave players.  This was part of my Secret Santa Gift and I was very pleased to get it and the snow leopard that came with it.
My painting inspiration came from tropical poison arrow frogs and I think it cam out pretty well.
I like the rock that was part of the base of the figure, it helped me to get this based quickly.
More Secret Santa goodness from the Undead encounters pack from Mantic for Frostgrave.  I painted the four standing figures in the same red and Purple I used for many of my skellies last year.  I now have enough in this color for a nice Undead unit it Dragon rampant.  The Skeletal giant rat is a favorite and its fun to have two of them now.  The skeleton bursting from the grave his handy as a marker for traps and or spells in Frostgrave.
Another of Ray's flags appears as the banner.  I think I may try to give it a more tattered appearance at ta later date.  The raven flag was an obvious choice since the carrier is being nibble on by a raven.
For the rest I tried to get a mix of colors but tried to make use of the colors I had in the palate at the time.  These guys might need an extra hit of wash now that I look at them again but they are table ready.
Between these fellow and the guys I painted last year I have enough for two units of 12 skeletons for Dragon Rampant when I want to run a necromancer war band.  Points: Every thing is 25 MM,  there are 8 Militia, 10 full sized skeletons, and one toad; those seem straight forward enough 19 25 MM figures = 95 points (There is the banner and 10 hand painted shields but I don't wish to presume). The rat might count as a full 25 MM Figure or it might not, the skeleton bursting out of this grave probably counts as half points like a prone figure.  I'm going to guess at a total of about 100 points with the possibility that our beneficent Monday leader may see fit to award a few more.

21 comments:

  1. Nice collection of figures Adam :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Adam. And good to see someone else painting frogs! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great figures, I like the militia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work Adam, I really like the raven on the skellies head :-)

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks it s a nice touch and it made the raven banner obvious

      Delete
  5. Nice work Adam. I'm sure I've resembled the guy with the lantern after midnight prodding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work Adam, and great to see another one of my flags flying high!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to distress it so it look right for an undead unit but it was the perfect one to use.

      Delete
  7. Lovely work, always good to see a militia unit!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely stuff all around. The snow skellies are especially nice, and the skeletal rat, well, there are no words for such an epic thing.

    ReplyDelete