My Curtgeld project is a team effort with Sylvain. I've finished my piece of the project and will be handing it over to Sylvain shortly. The base is unfinished as Sylvain's wizardry includes terraforming the base.
We wanted to go with something that Curt could use on table and decided that a weapon team that would fit his SCW project might do the trick. This is a Perry model of an Italian 20mm Breda Auto-cannon from the brothers' WW2 range. The Chain of Command lists allows such a team as support for both the SCW and WW2, so it seemed to fit the bill. Although it was officially an AA gun, it has a decent ant-tank and anti-personal effect under CoC, especially for the SCW. I will note that CoC specifes a team of 5 and the Perry pack comes with a team of 3, but Curt can work that out - he doesn't strictly go by the lists anyway.
|I will be happy going back to the SYW!|
- Not being sure how things fit together and finding the Ikea like drawing that almost helped
- Gluing bits to my fingers and my fingers to each other and everything else
- Almost gluing bits in backwards
- Losing a key piece and having to replicate it (a round base is now replaced by a washer and a piece of card)
- Assembling the gun and carriage without the gunner for painting, only to find out that I couldn't fit the painted gunner under the painted gun. I had to disassemble the gun to get things together.
- Having bits that I was sure were firmly glued on drop off unexpectedly. Of course as soon as I took the photos, I picked it up by the gunner and the rest of the gun and team fell off.
|Note the many, many tiny parts! Also the gunner comes cast onto the seat so it's not as illustrated!|
|Action photo with what looks like the green/black gun and a mostly naked but much wimpier crew. Terrain could be North or East Africa|
|I quite like the Officer with binoculars|