Thursday 28 December 2017

From BenitoM - More British Oldies (72 points)

My second entry for the Challenge is a new bunch of British Napoleonic infantry for General d'Armee using my venerable Airfix minis (which as I explained in the first entry belong to the collection built in the early 70s).



Another 8 bases making two "standard" battalions including a battalion commander on horse. Unfortunately, as the song goes "the weather outside is frightful" these days and I've not been able to finish basing and varnish, as this is messy and I'm under orders form the High Command to do it ONLY outdoors.




Time now to conclude a 28mm Austrian unit that I expect to release here tomorrow or on Saturday.

__________________________________________


Cracking work Benito! The Old Skool Airfix love continues with another regiment of plastic nostalgia. I like that you're including a mounted officer with your regiment. It's not only classy, but it gives something for the French artillery to aim at - very sporting.


These lads will give you 72 points. Yeeah, I know, you were expecting a bit more, but I had to deduct 25% for them not having their basework completed. Sorry bud. You're going to need to renegotiate with Stavka for basing rights. I suggest opening with flowers, a movie and chocolates, then go from there. :)

12 comments:

  1. Very good painting on these Benito!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work, Benito! I'm not tired of seeing these at all and really like the mounted boss! ;)
    Household-6 often vetoes my grandest schemes too. I've found that industrial fans and febreeze air freshener do vanquish the smell of spray primer from the basement...don't let household-6 know the subterfuge though! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if I only had a basement ... I live in a flat and do my basing and varnishing either in the communal garden or in my mother’s house up in the mountains on weekends

      Delete
  3. Stavka will send a full reinforced NKVD Platoon if I dare to disobey orders...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not called a 'Challenge' for nothing...

      ;P

      Delete
  4. Nice job - the sharp highlighting really helps these boys pop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving these Airfix classics, nicely painted and highlighted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these old Airfix figures!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. If anything I like these better than the last lot. As an avowed Frenchie that's saying something!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely stuff, these bring back memories...

    ReplyDelete