Tuesday 13 February 2018

From EvanH: The Salvage Crew (30 points)

That time of the week again! Here are the latest figs from the workbench, six more Scibor Dwarves. I've given these blue-collar guys an appropriate colour scheme to tie them together as a unit; a salvage crew if you will.


Here's the foreman, Thorgrim Thorgeirsson. I don't know if the lion skin counts as 'personal protective equipment'.




His right-hand dwarf, Durk Drengisson.


Refreshments Officer, Bothvar the Brewer. Despite his foul temper, he is a valued member of the team.



Snorri, Workplace Health and Safety Officer. It's his job to ensure that the worksite is clean, tidy, and free of such hazards as trolls, ogres, ettins or orcs. So far, he's managed to locate and neutralise 100% of all workplace hazards, at least those which have heads.



Laughing Hrolf and Thekk, the Engineers; as befits their profession, they are Dwarves of few words.

"I AM smiling."



"Tsk... it's gonna cost..."


Six 28mm figures equal a princely 30 points for this week. Got another bonus round next week, they come around so quickly!

What's next? Stay tuned...

Ev

-----------------------------------------------------

Ev, what a brilliant selection of dwarven light-heartedness and good humour.  If only every workplace had a "Workplace Health and Safety Officer" of the caliber of Snorri - all those petty regulations would be adhered to without the constant griping of the modern office.

Laughing Hrolf and Thekk are, I fancy, well on their way to being a warm up act for a dwarven stand-up comedian.  I have no doubt they would... eventually.... have at least some in the audience smiling by the time of the main act.  They're a tough act, some of these dwarven venues...

What can I say, but....wonderful and brilliant painting, and a write up which brings these guys to life on the screen.  I love the blue you've chosen, and the way that knits the Crew together (team clothing, no doubt purchased at a significant discount).  The metalllic touches are also really great, another unifying thread in a great submisison.

A terrific entry, and a worthy 30 points to your total! 

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Tamsin, I got lucky with the choice of minis!

      Delete
  2. Excellent work on these dwarves Ev. The blue is wonderful. I think I've had those plumbers in my house - "it'll take 2-3 to back order the parts, and your thing-gummy looks shot"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter, I wouldn't normally have gone for a unified colour scheme, but I'm glad I did!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. They do have a certain charm, don't they? Thanks Sander!

      Delete
  4. What, Ev, did you buy shares in Scibor?! You've been rocking these Polish Dwarf guys for a couple of years now. Love those engineers - I need Snori to check out my workplace for hazards (like senior management).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What can I say? The faces are always so characterful and the amount of detail on the sculpts is amazing - plus the bases are little gems in their own right. Thanks for the kind words, Curt!

      Delete
  5. Lovely dwarves, great blue, pretty sure I used to work on site with one of these chaps, electrician, rode a motorbike, might have liked AC/DC ...!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can just imagine them looking at my last terrain entry, the ruined tower; "Stone me, some real cowboys built this!"

      Delete
  6. Scibor Dwarves are excellent sculpts and your painting is doing them justice. Great job. chers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brendon, much appreciated - more in the lead pile I dare say!

      Delete
  7. Great stuff! I can see this becoming a significant workforce with apprentices, union reps, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CFMEU, Moria Sub-Branch
      ; )
      Thanks for the kind words, Barks!

      Delete