Wednesday 7 February 2018

From RoyW: Cowboys hiding amongst the palm trees (59 points)


Personal Best! This post marks the largest number of Challenge points that I have ever submitted at one time, outside of a Theme Round. Woohoo! Go me 😎
(a points grenade is what it should be labelled as, I am informed 😏 )

The miniatures hardly need explaining, they're Old West figures from a number of different 28mm manufacturers.

(top row) Artizan Designs/ Artizan Designs/ Great Escape Games

(top row) Great Escape Games/ Great Escape Games/ Artizan Designs

(top row) Artizan Designs/ Wargames Foundry/ Great Escape Games
I've based the miniature (with the sword) on a slotta-base as I want to use it as my RPG character, so the base fits with my others and helps it to visually stand out against the MDF-based NPCs.
'Roy has painted both of my eyes, they're hidden by my hat that's all!'

Sci-Fi Crate from Beast In The Broch 
Terrain: the palm trees were bought as unpainted metal castings produced by Unfeasibly Miniatures. The metal trunks and the MDF bases have all been painted. Though the palm fronds are green coloured plastic (so unpainted). The stone columns/obelisks are resin, bought off eBay, painted and based by me.


As to scoring the terrain; well,  I can tell you that it wouldn't completely fill up the volume of a 6" cube. The extended tape measure is showing 6" (15cm) and the gridded cutting mat shows that the terrain bases reach the 15cm (6") mark on the other axis. But, obviously, there are gaps in the three measurements comprising the 6" cube scoring perimeters. 


9x 28mm figures @ 5pts each = 45 points
1x 28mm crate thing = 1 point?
Terrain = 14 points (maybe that's too generous?)

Over to you, Minion Ray...

From Ray

I wish my Wednesday Motley Crew would stop posting terrain, its so hard to calculate the points!!! 
I love the Wild West figures Roy, especially the figure first pic back row on the left. He looks like the infamous Henry McCarty!! 
The palm trees look pretty cool to, I didn't know Unfeasably minis sold them??? And a very well done on breaking your points total!!

Hmm? the points.......
45 for the figures as you said...
I'll throw the crate on one of the trees and award you a total of  14 points for the palm trees and obelisks.


7 comments:

  1. Some old friends of mine here, some still lurking in my lead pile - splendid work, Roy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff Roy. I like the idea of pulling figures from several manufacturers for your Cowboys, humanity tends to all different shapes and sizes. Really like the Zorro lad with the blade. Nice terrain too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking cowboys and terrain!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone.

    Ray - Yes, Unfeasibly sell a couple of codes of palm trees. Just don't go asking Stu for any, as I bought the lot! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. A good selection of cowboys!

    ReplyDelete