Wednesday 7 February 2018

From RoyW: Science Fiction terrain, a spaceship, and a 28mm figure (14pts)

Mouldy orange, anyone?
Well, I think it looks like a rotten citrus fruit, even if no one else does!

This is my second post of the day (unless Ray posts this up first, then this will be my first post of the day!) and it sees another Personal Best achieved. Most total points submitted on a single day. Although the other post, today, sees the majority of the work done to earn those points, this post features the non-historic bits I've painted since my last submission date.

The terrain piece is quite obviously a DIY attempt at 'planets', for use in spaceship games. They are polystyrene balls, purchased from the haberdashery section of a local department store and painted with acrylic paints. Mounted on bamboo skewers and attached to an MDF base, all then painted in acrylics to represent Space and distant stars.  

28mm cowboys illustrating the size of them there balls
Next up is another Star Trek Attack Wing repaint. The model is a Kazon Predator ship, but I've painted it to represent something else - I haven't decided what yet, so my Starfleet ships will be fighting an unknown enemy when first they meet.


The photo below shows the repainted model (to the right) and the as-bought, prepainted model (on the left).


Finally we have a 28mm Rogue Stars miniature, sold through Nick Eyre's North Star Military Figures. I've converted it somewhat, using greenstuff to alter the hair. The model will be used as an RPG character, who has an interesting taste in colourful clothing!


Points-wise;

1x 28mm figure = 5pts

1x Spaceship = 5pts (we decided to score them as 5pts each, last time)

1x Terrain piece = My suggestion is to count the planets as part of the 6" cube of terrain that also houses the trees and columns from the first of my posts today. Probably easiest, and will justify full points be issued for filling the cube. At least that is my suggestion.

So 10 points for this post, I reckon.

Over to you Ray. You're doing a grand job, so far 👍


From Ray

A second post eh????
You have been a busy boy!!
The Planets look excellent I especially like the orange one, and being home made too! A grand job, You could very well have a home made galaxy of planets soon.......now there's a Challenge!!
As for the points 10 points for the figures and 4 points for the planets!




9 comments:

  1. Well done Roy! I like the spaceships in particular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A varied selection today, Roy - from planets and palm trees to cowboys and spacehips! Certainly keeping us guessing, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pick 'n mix post Roy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work again Roy. I quite like your planets, they look like they are rotating or maybe that's just the man flu playing tricks on me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool Roy. The planets are excellent and I also really like that Rogue Stars figure conversion. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice sci fi figures and the spaceship and planets are good too!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone.

    Ray - No thanks. I won't be taking up that challenge! (I can't even remember why I bought them in the first place, 7TV terrain I think - but no idea what I planned to do!)

    ReplyDelete