Sunday 30 December 2018

From ChristopherS Ramshackle Barn and Patrol Markers (30 Points)



My first entry into the challenge this season and putting a few points up although I'm not likely to ever have much, but it's a start! Every since I saw this from Renedra Terrain I knew I had to have it. I would say it's probably the best terrain piece they have made. It has excellent character and just checks the boxes for me.

While it fits perfectly for AWI and ACW it's useful for other periods and could be used as early as the French and Indian War right on up to modern times. The composition of the design is excellent and in fact I may get another one and modify it a bit so it's different.


I enjoyed painting the barn very much as you can really "go to town" so to speak on creating effects on old wood. I wanted the barn to look old and dirty with mold and moss beginning to take over. I used mostly craft paints and MIG pigments to get the effects I was after.


The Barn is 28mm in scale and comes in a plastic multi-kit that is very easy to assemble although I recommend using a plastic glue which will glue the pieces together quicker imho.


Next up are some patrol markers for my American troops to be used for Chain of Command which imho is the best platoon level WWII game ever made or better yet flat out best WWII game period.

The markers were made from bits from the Rubicon Allied Stowage Set 1 and are quite nice! I plan on getting a hold of the German set to make some markers for my Germans as well. They are 28mm or 1/56 scale and I painted them with Vallejo paints and some MIG pigments.


I'm not sure on points worth so the barn not including the base will fit in a 6in x 6in cube so that's 20pts if I understood that right and I do not have a clue on how to score the markers, but they are 28mm so 10pts maybe for the four??

Thanks for viewing!:-)

Miniature Company- Renedra, Rubicon


_________________________


Welcome back to the Challenge, Christopher! It's wonderful to have you back with us again this year.

I don't know if one can really say a barn is stunning but, hey, this one is. I really like the grey-kaki approach to took to painting it. It has a wonderful aged patina to it. Brilliant work. The jump-off markers look the business as well and are a great upgrade to the simple poker style markers many of us suffer with.

30 points it is Christopher. I have a feeling this will be the year that you break your 500 point goal. Go hard, mon ami.

On a statistical note, with Christopher's entry over half of the Challenge roster has submitted an entry and it's not even New Years yet. Bravo!! Now, lets get the other 42 challengers on the scoreboard, eh?


17 comments:

  1. Great looking barn, lovely finish! The jump off markers are really good too!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. That barn looks great Chris - excellent aging :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work on both the barn and the markers, Christopher.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That barn is weathered up a treat, Christopher, top shelf stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work on these terrain buts Christopher. Great weathering on the barn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! These are really splendid terrain pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That barn really is very nice. Liking the patrol markers too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really great paintjob Christopher! That's super natural looking. Splendid stuff

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice looking barn.really convincing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really fine looking weathered barn. I should grab one of these for some project or other.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent work Chris! That barn has turned out bloody awesome. Really dig the dark and weathered wood. Hope to see both the barn and the JOP‘s in action soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cool mate. The basing is spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The barn is fantastic, the colours look very realistic. I like the markers too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful generic scenery and markers.

    ReplyDelete