Monday 24 December 2018

From VictorC: 1/35 Italeri M13/40 (35 Points)

Here is my first post for the 2018 Analogue Painting Challenge, an Italeri 1/35 scale M13/40 tank. I picked this up at the local IPMS show this past October. I decided to try building a model again after not doing one since I was a teenager. I've always liked Italian tanks and when I was gaming WWII Italians I always portrayed them as they were on the Eastern Front against Russia.  

So this tank is done in the Eastern Front Grey and then weathered heavily since the snow and rain would have taken a toll on the metal. It was fun to do something like this again. I may have to do some more.










__________________________

Wow, what a beautiful piece of armour, Victor. You can almost smell the diesel and dust what with the fantastic weathering you've achieved. I too have always liked the design of Italian armour, with my first big-boy kit being a M13/40 in North African livery (with many decals being crooked and fingers glued together). Much like their cars and motorcycles, they have great design, but end up spending a lot of time in the shop. ;)

We'll equate this fellow to a 54mm vehicle, so that gives it a base of 30 points, with a few more added for the terrific execution on this clanker. Well done!

18 comments:

  1. Excellent. I've sympathised with the Italians in russia. Must have been a nightmare

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well done Victor! I'm only now starting with with weathering products from Mig from my 28mm tanks and vehicles, hope to achieve as good effects as you show here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking AFV Victor, superb weathering!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Italians but she looks great

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely looking tank! Excellent weather effects!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great looking tank Victor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicely done on this one. The Italians got more than teir fair share of bad press, thus it‘s nice to see something else than the ubiquitous Tiger, T-34 and Sherman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! l don't know why but I've always gravitated to the less played armies or models.

      Delete
  8. Thank you everyone! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work. The weathering looks fantastic, like it's been driven from Rome to Moscow and back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely work, very impressive to turn this out so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great weathering on the tank Victor :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice work Victor. One of my favourite tanks and you've done a super convincing job of the weathering.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful work on the Italian beast, Victor!
    That is some very tasty weathering you did!

    ReplyDelete