Saturday 12 January 2019

From ByronM: Nurgle Cultists (90 points)

Two years ago just after finishing working on my Nurgle / Deathguard 40k army I won a gift certificate from one of Curt's great sponsors - Pig Iron Productions.   While they have a number of great products the ones that really attracted me were their Kolony Ferals.


I was attracted to the Ferals as they had a post apocolyptic look and feel and I thought they would fit right into my Nurgle force as either cultists, mutants, or even pox walkers and provide something different than the normal GW look.

They arrived though and quickly fell into the closet-o-shame where I hide all my unpainted stuff, but I found them again this fall and decided it was time to get them all painted up.


I chose a super simple paint scheme or essentially 2 colours: green and purple.  I wanted something that was going to have high contrast between their rags and their masks, but still provide a Nurgle look.

After painting the figures, I kind of fluked out by having some purple flowers (a little more pink than would have been perfect) kicking around that I feel make them really pop colour wise.

Even though these were done quickly and *gasp* included dry brushing, I love the way they came out.  The colours really work together and I am quite happy with them.  The only issue is, now I want more!!!

Thank you again to Pig Iron for these great figures!

________________________________

Ahh, it's great to see you get these guys done up, Byron. I too am a great fan of Pig Iron's stuff, with me using these same figures as post-apoc raiders for my Metro 2033 project. An often overlooked range, they provide wonderfully characterful and chunky figures.

I like the sickly Nurgle effect you've achieved with their green and purple colour scheme, and the fuchsia plants on the rad-blasted landscape really set them off nicely. 

Yes, wonderfully blighted and suitably icky!

90 points for you Mr. Mudry - well done!




14 comments:

  1. I've eyed these sculpts off for years - you've done a really great job with them Byron!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul. They are really chunky and basic, but do have a lot of hidden details here and there, plus have a ton of character. I really like them and suggest them strongly. I just wish he had more different ones in the line.

      Delete
  2. Yuck, and I mean that in the nicest possible way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking nurgle types,the purple accent colour works really well!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely stuff, I really like the solid-ness of Pig Iron.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fantastic sculpts, way better than any GW nurgle sculpts. And your paint work is excellent. So glad to see you slumming with us dry-brushers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool sculpts! Really like the palette you've used, that purple / green mix is unexpected but really works and the pink sets them off nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent work Byron! Those tufts are rather... err... slaaneshi don‘t you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They could be, but I often have mixed slaanesh / nurgle forces. First you have fun with the deamonettes and then you deal with the diseases :-)

      Delete
  8. A colorful take on the figures Byron very nice!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice work Byron! Nice color scheme that really contrasts well to the bases!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear Byron, these guys are awesome! Gruesome is a more appropriate word I guess but fab anyway

    ReplyDelete