Saturday 12 January 2019

From MilesR: Napoleonic French Command and Limbers plus some Spanish Guns (187 Points)

More 15mm Napoleonics.  I know I've been a bit monotonous this challenge in terms of topics but I'm just about done with the painting list for this summer's Historic games.  I do promise a bit more variety over the next few weeks.

First up are some French command stands.  All of my "fighting" units are based on rectangular stands (as you'll see with the Spanish artillery below) so I use circular bases for commanders.  The larger the circular base, the higher the command.  I've painted up 10 French Generals from Old Glory and based them for three levels of command.  These could be 6 division, 2 Corp and 1 army commander.

10 mounted figures should net me 40 points.

Next up: three Spanish Artillery batteries.  The figures are from AB and the guns are Old Glory.  I think the guns came out too blue so there may be a repaint down the road.

12 figures and 3 guns nets me another 36 points.
6 French limbers.  I really despise painting limbers but still have some to do for my planned Austrian army.  These Limbers are from Old Glory and the castings were a bit on the rough side.  Still they are great value for the money and I recommend them.

These Limbers should get me 96 points based on:
24 horses and 12 riders at 2 points = 72 points
6 Limbers at 4 points each = 24 points

Lastly there is a pair of 15mm scale buildings.  These models are from Sarissa Precision and are laser cut kits.  I much say I am very impressed.  They come unpainted and are very detailed yet easy to build.  Both are shops / or pubs.  The first one I decided to name Club Postie in honor of a certain group based in Gravesend.
Next we have the beloved "Cafe Analogue" were the coffee is made with used brush water.  It sounds as awful as it really is....
These little building are great and are multifloor models.  I would guesstimate these occupy 75% of the fabled 6x6x6 cube so lets go with 15 points for the two structures.  I'm pretty sure you'll see a lot more buildings in the future.

This submission of 187 points should put me well over the 1,000 point mark!

___________________________


You never have to apologize for more Napoleonic goodness. As usual, I'm amazed at your output, Miles, especially with those benighted limbers - you're an absolute glutton for punishment, my friend. When all this is said and done, which nationalities do you plan on having collections, Miles?

Those Sarissa building are quite lovely, 'Club Postie' looks very inviting, but I do take umbrage with your description of the coffee at 'Cafe Analogue' - I shall report your besmirching remarks to the barista-in-chief and you can deal with the resulting fallout. (It must be the recent influx of imported coffee you are referring to - sorry, inside joke folks). ;)

Your mathamagician skills are still razor-sharp as your total of 187 matches my fingers, toes and tabulations on random bits of paper. Well done, Mr R!

-Curt





19 comments:

  1. Club Postie is at the end of a shady lane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At present, Cafe Analogue serves “minions” the brush water coffee and saves the premium blends for honoured guests.
    The barista in chief is currently crafting a flat white for the Snow Lord and a double shot espresso for herself.
    Unfortunately mobile ordering is not available nor delivery ......

    ReplyDelete
  3. You want monotonous I've been painting indians for weeks, doing my head in. These look great. Can you buy a nice cup of tea in the cafe. English breakfast, none of the poncy stuff

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great buddy. Love the cafe!

    Don't repaint the blue - it might be a bit bold up close but it will look spot on across the table at a gaming eye distance

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work Miles. I agree with Curt that it’s great to see limbers. Your Sarissa buildings came out very nicely, I have some of their kits and am very impressed. Don’t expect Curt to provide you with a cup of Joe based on the Mad Padres experiences but Sarah makes great coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I've always maintained, leave these things to the professionals, or be prepared to help yourself. ;)

      Delete
  6. Bloody hell Miles .. knocking it out

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific speed to reach 1000points and more great Napoleonic troops,I really like the command bases and am super impressed by the limbers, maybe some day!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done on cracking 1000!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work as always Miles - you are a painting machine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll see your monotony and raise you super fiddle hand painted shields :-) They look great Miles!

    ReplyDelete
  11. More great work Miles. I hope the beer is cheap at Club Postie?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great signs on the buildings Miles!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another great entry Miles. The buildings are top notch

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Miles these are splendid, both the buildings and the figures!_

    ReplyDelete