Saturday 12 January 2019

From IainW: Great Italian wars command (32 points)

So finally I've got something painted! Six 28mm command figures, a mix of Warlord games and Artizan, one stand has s later figures burgonets and a pistol! Both of the flag bearers are from the Warlord plastic landsknecht set, although one set of arms came from the Perry plastic mercenary set,I've got a pike block coming up that's a mix of the Warlord and Perry sets, I didn't really fancy the Warlord plastics to start with but I rather liked them when I started assembling them. The Artizan figures are nice and chunky and were straightforward to paint. The flags are downloaded from the free kreigspiel site and are the arms of various German cities, I can of course swap them out for other Imperial, Italian or even treacherous French flags!






So that's the earlier command stand,I quite like the flag bearer, with his hair it looks like he's from a motorcycle patch club!












And that's both command stands together, do I really need any more command stands? Possibly not, but I've got the figures so they'll get painted, what I really need is light cavalry but don't hold your breath as it's one thing I haven't started this challenge, foolishly I've started a number of things at the same time! What was I thinking! Six times 28mm figures gives me 30 points to open my account and count towards the Renaissance duel, it's okay I've kept back a command figure to paint for KenR!

All the best Iain

______________________

Ah, it's great to see your opening volley, Iain, welcome back! These command stands are lovely. I have a couple of boxes of the Warlord plastic landsknechts, but haven't cracked them open yet. To be honest, I find that their heads are a bit too big, but maybe that's just how they come through when photographed (shrugs). This all aside, these stands look terrific, Iain, what with their vibrant colours and plate armour - I especially like the huge banners and Italianate groundwork. 

32 points for you, Iain (with a few extra for the banners).. You're not only on the scoreboard but you've stolen a march on the Renaissance Challenge as well. A great start, mate!


22 comments:

  1. Ooh I like those Iain! Lovely work on those landschnecht command stands. And no one can never have too many commanders. I like having layers pick their own from the menu of available options.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter, and of course your right its all about options!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  2. Great stuff Iain! I love this period. The flags are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! Not a million miles from the Empire figures you do so well!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  3. Well done Iain! These Landsknechts are superb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nick! That's very kind of you!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  4. Italian wars is always nice to see Ian. Well done!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work on The command bases, I do like small dioramas on the tabletop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamie I agree it's nice to have mini diorama's!
      Best Iain

      Delete
  6. Nicely done Iain, you can never have to many command bases 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ken,you're most probably right!
      Best Iain

      Delete