Tuesday 15 January 2019

From RayR - WSS 22nd foot (247 points)


I've been painting like a demon the last couple of weeks, 10 minutes here and 10 minutes there. And I've got this lot done, If only I could paint mine as quick!! Theses are once again for his nibs next door, von Postie, the evil one. He has a Pirate collection that he bought from Reject Fran before he buggered off back to Ireland. Postie wanted some Government troops to add to the collection. I chose the 22nd foot circa 1708 for him, as they were stationed in the West Indies at the time.


8 x Muskettmen



8 x Musketmen, 1 x Leader and 1 x Drummer



8 x Musketmen, 1 x General, 1 x Drummer, 1 x Standard bearer and handpainted St Georges flag. Which was actually and old French flag painted over. I wanted to paint the cantons yellow, but Postie wouldn't let me!!!



Another 8 x Musketmen




The rest of the 7 Officers, including the blue coated Guvvnor himself




The mounted Guvvnor and his bodyguard




So all in all we have 43 foot and 3 mounted. Which should give me a total of 245 points! I wasn't going to base these, Postie was going to do it himself, but after working out what I'd loose points wise I based them up for him for free!!! For Free!!!  So its 245 points plus anything luvvly Lee wants to give me for the flag, the basing and for being a thoroughly nice chap. ;0)

Lee, just remember the last 3 games we played together that upped your winning streak for 2018!
Just who was it that was on your side those 3 games, yes me!  [I carried you. L]


Could these points please be added to my Black Powder duel pleeeze?



Much as it kills me to say it, these are wonderfully painted ol'chap. Personally I'm glad your painting these for von Postie as there's a high probability they will actually see the light of day and be played with... what was the last game you put on?? 

I was going to be generous with the bonus points but that dig at my (admittedly poor) tactical skills means I'll only be throwing a couple of points your way for the flag... :-)
Lee

29 comments:

  1. Excellent work Captain Slackbladder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh look it's a Donnybrook army from Ray! Quelle surprise... well done old chap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha! Now that's where your wrong Sander, these are Posties figures and he uses his own skirmish rules. But.....its the same period, well kind of anyone, tricorns not floppy hats!

      Delete
  3. Well done Ray, that's quite an array of redcoats. Reminds me of the 40 odd man battalions one sees in the old Charge and War-game books. I hope Postie appreciates these.
    What make are they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're all from the old Wargames Foundry range Peter. Nice and easy to paint too. None of that horrid lace that you have to paint up for your 7YW figures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely looking Brits, with a stolen French flag!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really nice figs. Always nice to see the Brits in full array.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work Ray :)

    I take it that the glossiness is a deliberate choice inflicted on you by Il Postino Diablo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're not really glossy, it's just the photos.

      Delete
  8. Well done! They certainly look the part.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking regiment and characters, nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very fine work Ray and your pushing me towards starting up WSS now!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job Ray. Well done. And nice that they are heading for a good home :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep.....at least we'll get a game with the figures.

      Delete
  12. Free basing, you are a Gentleman 😁

    ReplyDelete