Tuesday 15 January 2019

From SanderS - Kicking it in the Underhive! (120 points)

Hoi There,

As I mentioned earlier, 2017 and 2018 brought a revival of my attraction to GW boxed games. Getting back to Heroquest and from there into Blood Bowl, Necromunda and also Blackstone Fortress more recently. Now Blood Bowl and Necromunda have always been games I liked to own back in the days, but did not have the money to buy. So fast forward to somewhere in 2017 and I have the money and a club where I could get some play-time out of the game as well, success assured! Last Challenge I painted up most of the boxed games BB teams and I am currently painting the rest of my BB figures. That leaves Necromunda and BSF and so I got cracking at the two Necromunda gangs contained in the box.

First up are the Goliaths, I have no definitive name for them yet but am running with the "work-name" of the Hazardous Hackers.


Now there are two figures to which I added (converted?) something. This guy has a Chaos SM trophy added and his pose altered by the crate under his boot.




This guy has an added heavy bolter which looks good even if I say so myself.





The others are straight from the box.



















Next are the ladies from the Escher gang, again: no name came to mind other then the rather lame "Vicious Violets"


If you look at pictures of Escher gangers online, you'll notice they are all quite different from each other (specially the hairdress) but I wanted something more unified. I do like purple a lot and so I went with that. Now the end result does remind me a bit of Dark Elfs and perhaps even Harlequins what with the checkered trousers I have tried to paint but again: I am really quite happy with these!















With these figures I added a few more different bits. The "flamer-girl" has an added collar, most of the others have weapons that are not standard Necromunda issue like a meltagun, white metal laspistol with sidemounted magazin and a guard-issue chain-sword.











Regarding points, 20 figures of 28mm scale should be worth 100 points round right?




Wow, these are truly stunning. Your brushwork is enviable and I really love the work you have put into the bases as well as the figures. I think you have achieved two very distinctive looking gangs that will look awesome on the games table.  

I'm going to award an extra 10 points for the effort you have put into the bases, the various bits of hand painted stripped armour and the overall detailing you have put into these. So that's 120 points very well earned. 
Lee

30 comments:

  1. Impressive detail, Sander, and interesting conversions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these are gorgeous, Sander. Great attention to detail and I really like your basework.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Curt, there's a lot of sponging involved in creating those bases but it's quite fun to do!

      Delete
  3. These are awesome. It's also nice to see yellow and black on things that might be dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent bunch of lowlifes Sander!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work Sander - they're a rough looking crew. I'm with Curt on the details and basing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic painting and basing,gorgeous work!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. great stuff Sanders in particular the bases!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic looking gangers. Well done Sander.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Top shelf stuff Sander - these loom tremendous, great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes those Goliath's do loom Greg, they make some marvellous carpets... :-p

      Delete
  10. EXCELLENT! The bases are fantastic as well. Those female gang members must go through a lot of hair products to get that look just right. :) Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that's a can of hairspray a day to keep the ratskins away!

      Delete
  11. Ah Blood Bowl, reminds me of my youth playing Sunday League Football in Liverpool ! Great teams Sander

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well for Blood Bowl figures you will have to wait till Saturday, but I will be painting more Necromunda stuff before this Challenge is over for sure! On a sidenote: I do not particularly like sports at all but hey no worries ;-)

      Delete
  12. I like the more uniform Escher, and have though of doing yellow Goliaths myself. Yours are excellent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Barks, well mainly I didn't want to go with the theme everybody uses. So I came up with this. Perhaps if you do yours yellow as well and come up with a cool name we could have different chapters of the same gang eh?!

      Delete