Thursday 10 January 2019

From NickJ: Chaos Warhounds Part 1 (75 Points)

Once upon a dream that one day I'll agree a paint scheme with myself and stick to it...

Here then are 15 Chaos Warhounds; a lovely fast unit for the Beasts of Chaos faction.



And Woof to you to!
There are two issues with the above squad.

1) They were supposed to be ready for last Thursday
2) There are supposed to be 30 of them

I ended up adding extra coats of wash to the skin so there are 5 layers of various paints on each dog's skin. On top of that I opted to make the drybrushing on the fur as complicated as possible by adding in a coat of blue wash part way through - so 4 coats in the end on the fur. And don't get me started on the bone colour for the horns, hooves etc...

And I even painted their eyes a nice shade of red. No I've no idea why I chose to do this and my eyes have not quite forgiven me just yet!


So with the extra layers of paint required and the distraction of getting the birds done for the bonus round last Saturday I decided to cut the unit in half so I at least had something to post.

And to think I chose this unit because they would be easy to do...!  


The other half have all their skintones done so "just" the drybrushing and bone to do. I'm going to paint something else next though to have a break from the dogs - hopefully I'll get the rest completed before the end of the Challenge!


If my maths is up to scratch that should be 15 x 5pts (28mm) = 75 points.

Cheers!


________________________________

Lovely looking warhounds,gorgeous colouring and very nice basing, nothing wrong with your maths either,75 points it is!

All the best Iain

15 comments:

  1. Nice job, I like the purple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work, worth the time and the eye Strain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look a fierce bunch, congrats on the painting work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Five shades? What next, zenithal highlighting and a few glazes? :-)

    Lovely work Nick, and whatever the extra effort/torture, well worth it, they look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What 'orrible, nasty puppies. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The purple and grey look brilliant. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I like the yellow and blue spotcolours a lot! These are awesome paintjobs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad none of the dogs I've ever had looked like this lot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The chaos hounds turned out great! I like the contrast in fur and skin

    ReplyDelete