Thursday 10 January 2019

From RusselG: Unfashionably Late Warhounds (22 Points)

Happy new year to all.

My first post of the year and as per usual I am late to the party.

I have missed the deadline for the reconnaissance bonus round, which is a pity as I have a brace of Warhound scout titans.

These as expected are by the evil empire, sorry Games Workshop, and are from last years much hyped re-boot of Adeptus Titanicus.

I am lucky enough or old enough(take your pick) to have played the original and although a bit simpler the new version has enough tension for a good and quick to play game.

So here they are, 2 warhounds for Legio Mortis. Very nice models to build and paint, although if I do it again I will paint the armour shields before gluing them to the model.


The evil twins ready for action


Does my bum look big in this


With the alternate weapons


Now I admit, not my best work but the first time I have picked up a brush in almost 10 months.

Also, these models were great to build however the decals are so soft after several attempts I gave up and ditched using them.

Both models come with 4 weapon choices so to keep them as versatile as possible I swapped the small plastic weapon link for a steel ball bearing(the same ones I use as shakers in my paint pots) and fitted small magnets in the gun socket.

So for judging these are roughly 70mm tall and sit on an 80mm round base, I leave the decision in your capable hands.

Thank you for looking at my humble contribution, and good luck to all other participants and their personal goals.

Thanks RusselG


___________________________

What a nice pair of evil warhounds, I also played epic first time around, almost 30 years ago! Smart move on the ball bearings, going back into the distant mists of time(okay 2017) I find Curt counting epic warhounds as a 54mm figure so at 10 points each that will net 20 points, plus a point each for the alternative weapons so that's a grand total of 22 points!
Very Nice!
All the best Iain

12 comments:

  1. Nice work Russel. The red armour with gold details really looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better late than never and in any case a good opening shot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff. Nice looking big stompy beasts. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! So cool! They look excellent. I love Titanicus, and it’s great to see more of it in the Challenge!

    Fine choice of Legio too...Horus for Hope!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Warhounds are my personal favourite Titan design. Great work and good call on the magnetisation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice; I've always liked the Warhound.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work on the Warhounds. I'm really confused why GW decided to put slots for magnets on the Warlord, but failed to do the same for the Warhound and Reaver kits. Great call on the ball bearing for these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The hounds look great! Can't discern where your away brush time impeded them. Excellent call on the weapon swap. I know I will be doing the same for any knight kits I pick up!

    ReplyDelete