Thursday 10 January 2019

From MarkB: More Swedish WWII Equipment (24 points)

Hi everyone! 

I am back working on more Swedish equipment from WW2. First up is a 20mm model of a Stridsvagn M/37 a Swedish built version of the Czechoslovak CKD AH-IV Tankette. Two were built and sent to Sweden from Czechoslovakia, the other 46 were built by Volvo in Sweden. Sweden had a total of 48 tanks in service during WW2.  All the tanks were built in 1938 and 1939. The Tanks stayed in service until 1953.  







Next up are four MTB (Motor Torpedo Boat) that were designed in Sweden based on the Italian MAS and a British designed Vosper’s MTB that were purchased by Sweden in 1939.   The New design were designated T15- T18 and were a combination of the Italian and British design and were successful. There was a follow-on production which increased some weapons and increased power from new Engines.  These miniatures are from PT Dockyard and are 3mm in scale.






Have a good week!

Skål!!

__________________________________

Lovely little tank and splendid Torpedo boats! I am happily learning more about the Swedish armed forces in WWII that I had no idea about! The cute tank will get you 8 points and the MTB's are 4 points each giving you a grand total of 24 points, splendid!

All the best Iain

12 comments:

  1. Wow excellent Nordic goodies! Love the little tank, and extra nice to see the cross breeding of an Italian MAS with a Vosper. Hopefully they ran better than my mums old FIAT or dads Austin Allegro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You caught my heart with this entry as I've been driving Volvos since 2001, I'm a fan. I'm also a fan of small tankettes and recon vehicles, so this entry is 10 over 10 for me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being a Volvo that tank was probably best in its class for safety and had great seats. :) Wonderful work Mark!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work Mark, I'm really liking the Swedish stuff. I've got a 6mm '80s Swedish force in the lead mountain which might get painted up later in the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great little pieces of Swedish history!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 48 tanks in total!? You could totally do the whole fore even in 54mm! ;)
    That is a shape looking tank and I'm completely gobsmacked by the ships you guys are cranking out. I quite like the bases you painted up for them.

    ReplyDelete