Wednesday 2 January 2019

Wednesday Minion Steps Up

Greetings, Fellow Challengers, and welcome to The Whacky and Whonderful Whorld of Whednesdays!

Minion Ev is finally on the case after looking after two pre-school age grandchildren for the last two-and-a-half days; they're delightful, but they are exhausting, especially in a Sydney summer. 

Sleep deprivation is a terrible thing.
That's not me, of course; I look far worse than that

A bit about me; I've been a wargamer and figure painter in one form or another since about 1976, when I discovered the local library's collection of Donald Featherstone books, the gateway drug of choice for most fifty-something lead pushers. Painted and played GW games with my sons, GM'ed AD&D and Runequest, and now enjoying smaller-scale tabletop games with occasional forays into 18th C Imagi-Nations with Millsy (see The Wars of the Sable Hat for more details). Also a sporadic contributor to Canister and Grape (the other blog where Millsy does most of the heavy lifting...).

Those of you who pay attention to such things will know that this is my first outing as a minion (fourth as a Challenger), and I plan to be a fair-minded and reasonable judge of your work, at least until the Sydney heat drives me crazy and I go full Colonel Kurtz; "Bonus points for the aubergine! But I hate bases which aren't made of WeetBix! Minus five points!"

This Wednesday is fairly quiet as people are still recovering from Christmas and Hogmanay (that's New Year to those of you without the blessing of Scottish heritage), but we have;
  • A big vehicle with a big gun,
  • A big furry guy with a big gun, and
  • A big blue box and associated figures.
So, Challengers, let's get Challenging!

Evan
Supreme Despot and Unquestioned Autarch of The Midweek Realm
'My Door Is Always Open!'

20 comments:

  1. Welcome Ev! Delighted to have you as our Wednesday Herder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Curt, I seem to have made it through the first week without breaking anything! *fingers crossed*

      Delete
  2. What fun! Wednesday has arrived!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to have you as my minion, Evan. I've always liked you!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wednesday. I might have been in the Wednesday group before. Something related to camels?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hump Day - or was that one of Dave's submissions...?

      Delete
  6. Welcome to the growing band of current and former minions, Ev :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tamsin, it's an honour and a privilege to be in such august company.😁

      Delete
  7. Yaay! Team Wednesday! Soon I will make a contribution. Next Wednesday. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you Ray, I shall wear your good wishes as a badge(r) of honour!

      Delete
  9. Welcome to the minion madness Ev. Expect some brain teasers over the next few weeks, but heat or no heat I'm sure you'll do fine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes also posting to support my "Team Wednesday" - also should have entry for next week. Started on lots of things but not finished anything!

    Cheers Jez

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome to the Madhouse Ev - looks like you did a fine job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a little late to the party but 'all hail the Wednesday Minion.'
    Now to track down some WeetBix, just in case. :)

    ReplyDelete