Wednesday 20 March 2019

From NoelW: The End of the End (part two) (634 Points)

This really is my last post!


The second project that I’d wanted to make a big deal of, and so far, failed to, was my 15mm Seven Years War. I painted quite a few figures for this project in Challenge VIII, but have barely touched it since. Not sure why. So, turning this on its head, I decided I’d use the last few days of the Challenge to motivate me into completing as many figures as possible for this project, and, hopefully, finish with a bang.

The main army I’ve wanted to build is French. I’m thinking of Minden as a long-term goal. Here, I’ve managed to paint the following regiments: Baviere, Angoumois, Touraine, Normadie, Rohan Montbazon, Bouillon, Bourbonnais, Royal, Deux Ponts and Grenadiers de France (2 battalions). (Some of these were merely command stands for battalions already painted). A total of 220 troops.





As a more tractable project, I’m first looking at Rossbach, which requires regiments from the Holy Roman Empire, or Kreis, supporting the French and Austrians (and, as it turns out, making a mess of everything). As these are not much use in other theatres, and largely have uniforms that look like Prussians, I wasn’t that keen on adding many to the collection, so I decided to bend history a little, and paint a couple of battalions from the minor states whose uniforms I liked, rather than those which historically should be fielded. After all, who is going to know? I like Bavarians, so there’s a regiment of them, and the Nassau-Weilburg and a rather generic Imperial regiment.




Last on the list: my Prussians are lacking in heavy cavalry, so I’ve swelled their ranks with another 16 cuirrassiers.




That’s 285 foot at 570 points and 16 cavalry at 64 points, totalling 634 points.

And now I'm off to bed. For about a month.


______________________________

Hollleee Cow. THAT is an impressive parting bomb if I ever saw one. Amazing work Noel. I'm just floored with painters such as yourself who can blithely crack-off an army with such consistent quality in just a few days. Mind. Blown. Well done sir and my hats off to you.

I guess it just comes down to seeing what Miles has up his sleeve for his final volley....

- Curt

11 comments:

  1. Noel, you've really clobbered the challenge into submission. Even Miles has been beaten into submission, I think. Bloody good effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent closing points bomb Noel :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No final points bomb from me - I was just messing with your minds with that "draft" entry

    :)
    6K points is a most impressive tally - very well done Noel! I take my hat off to you,Sir

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Miles. Your terrain is stunning. I'm very envious - but to hit such a high points total AND pull off awards at Cold Wars. Very impressive. I can only devote so much time to painting because retired. And obsessive! Painting has essentially been my life for three months.

      Delete
    2. Oh - and that draft post nearly gave me a heart attack!

      Delete
  4. Fantastic army! Great looking troops,love the Bavarians!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy Crap! Love to see more SYW.

    ReplyDelete